Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can Gujarat State resident can take date in Chennai?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can Gujarat State resident can take date in Chennai?

Hello Sir/Madam,

I am in H1B visa in USA. I have 3 questions. Please answer me before 5th December as my wife has H4 visa at 5th.

(1) We are Gujarat Resident and My wife has got the visa date in Chennai on H4. So is this will have any problem? or Is she has to submit any reason or Documents why she choose the DATE in Chennai? We tried a lot to get date in Mumbai but I did't get date due to busy season.

(2) Does my wife has to submit the documents before 5 or 10 days to VFS office just like Mumbai or Hydrabad office?

(3) I have sent my wife Original I-797 but removed I-94 and kept with me, So is that OK or Visa officer will need my original I-94 also.

Please help me. My wife has date at 5th and Please help me before that.
    My email address is [email protected]

Manish Bagthalia

If she was living in US and gone for revalidation then yes she can take appointment anywhere otherwise If it is her first time then NO she needs to go to Mumbai.

But Mumbai consulate was close from Nov 17 to Nov 21 and they were asking to take appointment anywhere thus during this time, it is ok even if it is her first time.

No they don't require I94 details. BTW you did good by sending the orginal I797, my wife H4 visa interview is today and I just gave her a photocopy of my I797. I hope it goes well with her.

Comment

This is not true. You are allowed to take the visa interview at any U.S consulate in India. The concept for choosing a U.S Consulate that falls under your consular district no longer exist.

Originally posted by sachindubey View Post
      If she was living in US and gone for revalidation then yes she can take appointment anywhere otherwise If it is her first time then NO she needs to go to Mumbai.
      Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

(1) We are Gujarat Resident and My wife has got the visa date in Chennai on H4. So is this will have any problem? or Is she has to submit any reason or Documents why she choose the DATE in Chennai? We tried a lot to get date in Mumbai but I did't get date due to busy season.
        >>> This is not an issue. She can go to any U.S consulate in India and there will be no questions on why that specific consulate was chosen. Even if they ask, you can explain that the dates that you were looking for in Mumbai were not available.

(2) Does my wife has to submit the documents before 5 or 10 days to VFS office just like Mumbai or Hydrabad office?
        >>> No.

(3) I have sent my wife Original I-797 but removed I-94 and kept with me, So is that OK or Visa officer will need my original I-94 also.
        >>> That is what you should do. The I-94 should be detached and attached to your passport.
        Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X