Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New born - travel to india

Hello,

I have a valid H1B expiring Mar 2014 and my wife is H4 expring Mar 2014. We are expecting our baby Feb 2012 and planning to take the baby to India for 2 - 3 months around April 2012. I will be be back to India after 2014 and my kid will live in India. I have read forums and searched posts to exactly understand the process for the new born travel to india but I couldn't find firm answers.

It would be great to get answers for the below questions

1) What should I apply for my babie's travel to India? Indian Travel Visa or PIO or OCI?
    2) How long will it take in the US to get the SSN, Birth certificate Passport for the baby
    3) Will 2 Months be sufficient after delivery to sort out the Visa/Travel process
    4) Considering the Kid will reside in India after 2 years, what is the best way to proceed.

Thanks a lot.

1. Based on #3, visa would be better.
    2. Check /documents-after-childbirth-in-usa/
    3. For visa, it is enough.
    4. There is no one easy answer. It depends upon several factors. Please do more research on this forum.
    Immihelp Support
    No legal advice. Use at your own risk.

Visa and Greencard Tracker

Visitor Medical Insurance for your visiting relatives.

Comment

Fisrt apply for the kid's U.S passport. Once you get the passport, apply for the PIO card. It will take anywhere between 3-4 weeks to get the PIO card. The PIO card will be valid for 10 years allowing the kid to enter U.S without a need for a visa. If you apply for a visa, the duration of the visa will be for a shorter term. You never know what your situation will be after 2 years. If you decide to stay longer, then the PIO card will help. Like mentioned in the previous reply, do your research in the forum and decide for youself.
      Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X