Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Urgent - H4 Visa

Hi,

I was on B1 visa which got converted to H1 as client required so our company has done that. I got extension for 3 years and I am not required to go back for Visa stamping. Now I am calling my wife so H4 is applied for her.

Will there be any problem if I am not with her for interview ? Will there be any unexpected question from her other than normal H4 visa questions ?

Quick response is much appreciated. Thanks in Advance.

You are not required to be there for your wife's H4 stamping. It is hard to predict whether she will be questioned about your COS from B1/B2 to H1B or not. That depends on the VO. Even you might be questioned the next time for filing a COS from B1 to H1B when you attend the visa interview.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

Thanks for your reply.

My company has provided enough justification for the conversion, so hope it should not be problem for my wife H4. I can justify the reason when I go for Visa interview but was concern from my Spouse side.

I have one more query - My Spouse can speak English. But if my spouse is not able to understand VO accent then can she ask for translator that time. (Translator option was not chosen at the time of application submission)

Again thanks for all your help.

Comment

The interview itself will last only for 10-15 minutes. They will not have time to find a translator at that time. It is not too difficult to understand what they speak. If yu are still concerened, the you can go for the regional language option. In that case, you need to cancel and rebook the appointment with interview in regional language selected.

Originally posted by rajesh_v1978 View Post
        I have one more query - My Spouse can speak English. But if my spouse is not able to understand VO accent then can she ask for translator that time. (Translator option was not chosen at the time of application submission)
        Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X