Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Incorrect job title in i-129.

Hi,
    I got my Petetion Approved in May 2011 and last week I realized that the Job Title on my I-129 is incorrect. Its mentioned as "QA Analyst" instead of "Systems Analyst". I have informed my attorney about this issue.

Would this be a problem if I go for Stamping in Dec?

Please confirm.

Thanks in Advance.

Please help

SHERWIN, KABKABA,
    Could you please help me with this query....

Thanks in advance.

Comment

If you ask me, I would suggest you to amend the petition. Your petition should match the actual nature of your day to day job. If you take a look at the below link, it is clearly mentioned that an H1B amendment is required if the nature or the job changes. Since your petition is filed wrongly, it is advisable that it gets fixed before the visa interview. However, whether the VO will notice this or not during the visa interview is nobody's guess. It will take 2-3 months to get the amendment in normal process and 15 days by premium. The job title in the petition should match your employment verification/client letter. If you cannot afford to take any chances, then better get the petition amended. At the worst case, if you cannot wait until the approval of the amendment, then at least the receipt notice and the form I-129 with the correct Title will help during your visa interview.
      Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

Slightly confused:

By Petetion do you mean I-797 or I-129? I-797 does not have Job Title (Of course you might be aware of that).

My LCA does not have that problem. LCA clearly mentions Systems Analyst.

As per your recommendation, if I file for the ammendment within how many days can I expect the I-129 receipt?

Thanks in advance.

Comment

There is a differece between a petition and an approval notice. I-129 is the petition filed by your employer to USCIS. I-797 is the approval notice.
          Usually it will take about 2 weeks to get the hardcopy of the receipt notice from the date of receipt of your documents by USCIS.

Originally posted by ThePoster View Post
          Slightly confused:

By Petetion do you mean I-797 or I-129? I-797 does not have Job Title (Of course you might be aware of that).

My LCA does not have that problem. LCA clearly mentions Systems Analyst.

As per your recommendation, if I file for the ammendment within how many days can I expect the I-129 receipt?

Thanks in advance.
          Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

I have stamping appointment in Kolkota on 12/12. My employer is saying that I-129 would not be an issue. Attorney is on vacation and she is not responding to emails.

What do you suggest?

Comment

I have somewhat similar an issue with my I-129 (mine is L visa though) and my employer gave me the same response - that the 797 is whats important, so just be consistent with what the I-129 & justification letter says..

All I know from my talks with pople in my firm who had a H1 stamping that they were only asked on the client they are working for and a one liner on what will they be doing there...so hopefully it would be as easy for you

Comment

I think you are fine.
                H1 petitions are filed according to job classifications that DOL makes in LCA filings and wage determinations. Same job can be called by different names.
                This is my opinion and not legal advice.

Comment

RVisak, Kabkaba,
                  Your response has given me little more confidence. I dont know how can we all thank Immihelp. This is an Information Power House. I will always try to be associated with this forum and try and contribute as much as possible.

BTW: My employer sent me a copy of the correct I-129 page # 4. Now everything is sorted.....

Thanks,
                  Last edited by ThePoster; 12-01-2011, 11:26 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ThePoster View Post
                    RVisak, Kabkaba,
                    Your response has given me little more confidence. I dont know how can we all thank Immihelp. This is an Information Power House. I will always try to be associated with this forum and try and contribute as much as possible.

BTW: My employer sent me a copy of the correct I-129 page # 4. Now everything is sorted.....

Thanks,
                    can you let me know whether your visa is issued or on 221?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                    X