H1b cap exemption clarification

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1b cap exemption clarification

Company A file my H1B visa in April 2007 It had got stamped on July 2007. I had not travelled USA in this Visa due to some problem and risk.
    Company B in 2008 told they can change employer in their name. It is like new application but will not come under quota.
    They filed h1b employer change or something which i m not sure. It got approved and it got stamped in July 2008.

Due to recession and all i could not utilize this visa and got expire on 30th May 2011.

Now FY-2012 cap has been reached on 22nd Nov 2011.

Can I be considered as cap exempt case ? Now if any employer file, will it come under quota or it can be treated as cap exempt case ?

I can not wait for FY 2013 (Even after successfull h1b visa, i will be able to start work in Oct 2012 only)

Kindly give your expert answer in this query and oblige me.

You are already CAP counted. Any employer can file a new H1B petition on your behalf using the CAP from the previously approved H1B petition and request an immediate start date. Just give the new employer a copy of your old H1B approval notice.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

Thanks Shervin. I also had same view on this. But one company who is interested to hire me not knowing this rule. They are telling that since i have not visited USA in this visa any time, so it can not be considered as cap exempt case. I searched on USCIS site about this policy, but i did not get it.
      I wanted to show some proof to that company. Do you have any idea, where i can get this policy written in reliable genuine site, which they can believe.

Comment

It should be somewhere on uscis website. Ask the employer to consult a good immigration attorney. Or you consult one who can help you. You can also try and find a different employer who can process an H1B using the same cap.

Originally posted by mkdewangan View Post
        Thanks Shervin. I also had same view on this. But one company who is interested to hire me not knowing this rule. They are telling that since i have not visited USA in this visa any time, so it can not be considered as cap exempt case. I searched on USCIS site about this policy, but i did not get it.
        I wanted to show some proof to that company. Do you have any idea, where i can get this policy written in reliable genuine site, which they can believe.
        Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X