H1B Transfer Case

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B Transfer Case

I have moved from L1 (Employer A) to H1B (Emploer B) last year. I started working with H1B employer after 12 days of approval notice. I was not aware of the approval and hence continued working with L1 employer for those 12 days. This means that I was out of status for 12 days, as I came to know that I has to immediately start working for Employer B.
    I started with Employer B after 12 days of approval notice. Now its been more than a year working with Employer B. I have also gone out of US on H1B and got my VISA stamped.
    Now I am planning to do a H1B transfer with Employer C. Will these 12 days effect my H1B Case and how? Can you please advise!

I don't think it will be an issue. But you were technically out of status in H1B for those 12 days and your employment with L1 employer was illegal. But I don't believe it will have any issues with your H1B transfer now.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

H1B transfer

I have below queries. Please clarify.

[1] Can I still do H1B transfer with another company, if previous company cancels my petition?

[2] Can I still do H1B transfer with another company, if previous company cancels my H1B visa?

Comment

[1] Can I still do H1B transfer with another company, if previous company cancels my petition?
        >>> Yes. If you are in U.S, then you should be maintaining your immigration status for the transfer to be successful.

[2] Can I still do H1B transfer with another company, if previous company cancels my H1B visa?>>> Yes. Visa is only an entry document to U.S. It has nothing to do with yoru H1B transfer.

Comment

In the H1B Questionnaire, they ask for "Out of status stay" and if yes, reasons explaining. Will this have any effect on H1B transfer petition. What should I fill in? Also, will the Transfer H1B denial have any effect on my existing H1B. I am planning to keep working for current employer until the new H1B transfer is completed. Please advise!

Originally posted by shervin143 View Post
          I don't think it will be an issue. But you were technically out of status in H1B for those 12 days and your employment with L1 employer was illegal. But I don't believe it will have any issues with your H1B transfer now.

Comment

In the H1B Questionnaire, they ask for "Out of status stay" and if yes, reasons explaining. Will this have any effect on H1B transfer petition.
            >>> It is hard to predict. Since the gap is very small, I hope it won't be an issue.

What should I fill in?
            >>> Fill Yes and give reason for the same.

Also, will the Transfer H1B denial have any effect on my existing H1B.
            >>> No.

I am planning to keep working for current employer until the new H1B transfer is completed.
            >>> That is the best way to go.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X