X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H4 -Traveling to INDIA and Reentry Document

Hi to all Member,

I am really in need of help.

My dependent and I came to the USA with Company A's visa stamping in passport.

Then I changed company A to Company B and got New I797 approval.( at that time me and may dependents were in the USA).

Now , My dependent wants to travel to the India.

I am confused regarding reentry and document needed at port of entry. Does they need to get new Visa stamping in the India? OR they just have to show old visa stamping in passport( which is unexpired) and NEW I797 approval notice at the Port of entry? Does they have to carry any additional document when returning?

Please help me. they are flying tomorrow.

Please please...............

thanks,

Please HELP ME...............PLEASE.........

Comment

They can use the existing valid visa stamped with your I-797 to enter U.S. In addition, they need to carry the same set of documents that you carried when you enter the first time.

Originally posted by steward View Post
      Hi to all Member,

I am really in need of help.

My dependent and I came to the USA with Company A's visa stamping in passport.

Then I changed company A to Company B and got New I797 approval.( at that time me and may dependents were in the USA).

Now , My dependent wants to travel to the India.

I am confused regarding reentry and document needed at port of entry. Does they need to get new Visa stamping in the India? OR they just have to show old visa stamping in passport( which is unexpired) and NEW I797 approval notice at the Port of entry? Does they have to carry any additional document when returning?

Please help me. they are flying tomorrow.

Please please...............

thanks,
      Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

Operators are not standing by. DO NOT expect someone to answer to your question immediately. Give the forum members at least 24 hours before you ping back.

Please HELP ME...............PLEASE.........

Comment

Hi shervin143 ,

Thanks for your help.

So, you mean they have to carry petition file documents, approval notice, passport .

Does they need my salary slips, letter from Employer and my bank statements ?
          If yes, Is three months salary slip, bank statements are OK?

I understand you are angry but this is family emergency and I am confused.

Thanks for your help again.

I will really appreciate your help.

Comment

So, you mean they have to carry petition file documents, approval notice, passport .
            >>> Your passport is not required. Of course they need to carry their passport with their valid H4 visa. Your latest approval notice (I-797) and copy of form I-129.

Does they need my salary slips, letter from Employer and my bank statements ?
            >>> Yes.

If yes, Is three months salary slip, bank statements are OK?
            >>> 3 months is good enough.

I understand you are angry but this is family emergency and I am confused.
            >>> Well, post your questions early and give enough time for people to respond back.

Comment

Hi shervin143,

Thank you for your help every time.

Now , I also have to go to the India.

Can I (H1B holder) re enter the USA with previous company's valid VISA stamp and New company's I797 ?

If yes, Do I need to carry any extra documents than my dependents have ? Does the port of entry people give any hard time to h1b holder now while returning?

I will really appreciate your help and valuable time.

Thanks again,

Comment

Steward,
                If your visa has not expired then you can use the same documents you used during your first POE. You should carry your Client Letter, Pay Stubs, W2s etc... Basically carry all the documents which can prove that you have a job in US.

Good Luck...

Comment

Can I (H1B holder) re enter the USA with previous company's valid VISA stamp and New company's I797 ?
                  >>> Yes.

If yes, Do I need to carry any extra documents than my dependents have ?
                  >>> http://www.immihelp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=80932

Does the port of entry people give any hard time to h1b holder now while returning?
                  >>> Not if you have all the required documents in place.

Comment

Thanks The poster and always Shervin143.

Comment

Hi, Shervin143,

I will fly to my home country next week with previous company's VISA stamp and new I797 approval notice from company B.

I just found that the Company A was acquired by a big company after I transferred my H1b. So, I mean Company A is no more.

But, I have a Previous visa stamp from that company name in my passport which I want to use while coming back to re enter the USA( Visa is valid for 2 more year).

Is there any issue if the previous company sold out while returning back on their VISA stamp?

Please advise me on it to solve this situation.

Thanks for your valuable time and help in advance.
                      Last edited by steward; 12-15-2011, 09:32 AM. Reason: type error

Comment

No issues. You can still use that visa with the new petition to re-enter U.S.

Hi, Shervin143,

I will fly to my home country next week with previous company's VISA stamp and new I797 approval notice from company B.

I just found that the Company A was acquired by a big company after I transferred my H1b. So, I mean Company A is no more.

But, I have a Previous visa stamp from that company name in my passport which I want to use while coming back to re enter the USA( Visa is valid for 2 more year).

Is there any issue if the previous company sold out while returning back on their VISA stamp?

Please advise me on it to solve this situation.

Thanks for your valuable time and help in advance.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                        X