Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

H1B and Volunteering for the national park. Is it legal?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B and Volunteering for the national park. Is it legal?

Hello,
    I'm currently on H1B visa as System Administrator and I'm wondering is it possible to volunteering for the National Park and is it legal? I read that it is not legal, if you taking somebodies job, but I believe the park will not pay for the job what I will do and they also have special volunteer programs what is mean they don't will hire people for money.
    Last edited by Betik; 12-04-2011, 10:45 PM.

It is allowed as long as it is a pure volunteering work. If they pay others for the same work, but not you, then it is not allowed. If everyone involved in this project are volunteers, then it is not an issue.

Originally posted by Betik View Post
    Hello,
    I'm currently on H1B visa as System Administrator and I'm wondering is it possible to volunteering for the National Park and is it legal? I read that it is not legal, if you taking somebodies job, but I believe the park will not pay for the job what I will do and they also have special volunteer programs what is mean they don't will hire people for money.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

Originally posted by shervin143 View Post
      It is allowed as long as it is a pure volunteering work. If they pay others for the same work, but not you, then it is not allowed. If everyone involved in this project are volunteers, then it is not an issue.
      Thanks for your answer.
      What about, if there also another volunteers and people who get paid as well (like park rangers). And also they don't will pay to any additional employees at the moment because of budget. So, I don't will take anybodies job, and will not do actually my major job (what is computers), and will be for example as driver/helper etc. If there is other volunteers and they actually have real volunteering projects I can avoid potential problems. Is that correct?

Comment

That is fine.
        This is my opinion and not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X