X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Multiple H1B transfer and offer letter

Hello Guys,

Need your expert advice.
    Situation: I am on H1B visa with my sponsoring company as A. Now I have received an offer from company B and company C.

Question:
    a) Can I apply for H1B transfer using company A, I-797 for both B and C?
    b) Does it matter if the approval comes for B first and C later, then I have to work for B only and not C?
    c) If I join C then can B create a legal case against me?

These are just my thoughts based on experience and not legal advice.

Question:
    ANS: YES
    b) Does it matter if the approval comes for B first and C later, then I have to work for B only and not C?
    ANS: You can join which every company you want to or even not join B or C.
    ANS: Dont sign any agreement if you want to play safe. If you sign any agreement / cash bond then they can sue you.

These are just my thoughts based on experience and not legal advice.

Comment

>>> Yes.

>>> It doesn't matter. Advisable to work for Company A until the transfer gets approved.

>>> Have you signed any contract? If yes, then consult an attorney. If no, then no issues.
      Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

Multiple H1B transfer and offer letter

The only thing I have signed is the offer letter stating that I might join on X date. Other than this I have not signed anything else. Hope that should not be a big problem?

Comment

That is not a problem.

Originally posted by H1BANDGC View Post
          The only thing I have signed is the offer letter stating that I might join on X date. Other than this I have not signed anything else. Hope that should not be a big problem?

Comment

Thanks Shervin

Comment

Originally posted by H1BANDGC View Post
              well even if he signs two different contract still he's free to resign. Right?

Comment

That depends on what contact you have signed. Employment is U.S is at-will basis. No one can force you to work for them. At the same time, if you breach any contact, then you may have to pay the penalty for lose of business. So again, it depends on what you have signed.

Originally posted by gally View Post
                well even if he signs two different contract still he's free to resign. Right?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                X