Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Passport expires in 7 months, still should I go for Visa stamping as I got approval

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Passport expires in 7 months, still should I go for Visa stamping as I got approval

HI,

My passport is going to be expired in 7 months, am I eligible to go for stamping ?

If Im eligible for visa interview then will I get visa stamping for 7 months only or will they only consider I-797 Approval validity?

Thanks in advance. Pls helpme.... accordingly I need to book my slot.

As per VFS, we can not apply for VISA if we do not have 12+ months valid passport.

There are instances they issued 221(g) that your passport cover is destroyed, apply for new passport and submit the same along with 221(g). This process will take 2 months for you.

Instead apply for new passport in tatkal which you can get in 15 days or so before you go to any of these crazy consulates.

Just my personal suggestion

Comment

You can apply for the visa. No issues. However, the VO may issue you a visa only till the passport expiry date instead of the approval notice (Happens when the passport is less than 12 months from expiring). Even if you get a visa until the approval notice, the officer at the POE may issue you an I-94 only till the passport expiry date. So it is advisable to get the passport renewed and then apply for the visa to get both the visa and I-94 until the petition expiry date.
      Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

Thanku guys for helping me in my issue.

thanku, i will prefer to go for renew my passport.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X