Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1b transfer to new employer and old employer's I-140 - connection

hi,

i worked for Emp-A on H1 for 5.5 years, had filed for GC and got I-140 approved. Now I have joined Emp-B, used Emp-A's I-140 for H1 transfer and got approved for 3 years.

1. Now if Emp-A cancels I-140 does it effect my approved H1 with Emp-B. Is there any connection between the two now?
    2. Since I have completed 5.5 years on H1, do I need to start my GC processing and get labor/i-140 approved to go past 6 year limit or am I fine since i have used i-140 and got h1 transfer approved for 3 years.

If fine then I guess I can start GC later and get i-140 approved before the next extension 3 years down the line.

Please help me understand the connection between I-140 through Emp-A and approved H1 through Emp-B using Emp-A's I140.

I was in the exact same situation before. I transferred to company B based on the old company's i-140 and got 3 years extension. I also went for H1B visa stamping on new employer's H1b and got approved in secs. I know that my old employer revoked my i-140 but my understanding is that there is no bearing of that on your new H1B. The only issue would have been if your i-140 had been revoked by USCIS on fraud charges.

So you just need to restart your labor and i-140 with your new employer and get to retain the old PD.

I am not an expert so I would recommend you check with your company's attorney

Comment

Thanks Burlyboy for the reply...can we retain the PD when we start the new GC processing from labor, even when the old employer cancels I-140? What do we need to provide to USCIS to have the PD retained?

Comment

can we retain the PD when we start the new GC processing from labor, even when the old employer cancels I-140?
        >>> Yes.

What do we need to provide to USCIS to have the PD retained?
        >>> Copy of approved form I-140.
        Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X