Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New H1B Petition and stamping

Hi,

I got h1b visa petition approved. This is my 1st time with H1b. I have b1 visa. I am preparing for my visa interview at New Delhi Consulate. I will be working at my employer's office, which is an IT consulting firm. They have internal and client's projects both, similar to the IT companies like in India.

I have following questions according to my petition, please help :

1) In employer's letter with petition, client name is not mentioned but projects are mentioned. But my work location will be employer / petitioner 's office. Is it really important to mention client in petition?

2) Employer's internal project is also not mentioned in petition but my employer is providing me project description and employer letter on the internal project. Will it be a problem?

I have some more questions but above mentioned are important to me. Please help

Regards

I don't think it is necessary to mention project descriptions, but your job description is important.

Comment

New H1B Petition and stamping

Hi All,

I need more information on the questions I posted. Please help.

Regards

Comment

1) In employer's letter with petition, client name is not mentioned but projects are mentioned. But my work location will be employer / petitioner 's office. Is it really important to mention client in petition?
        >>> If you will be working at your employer's office and if the project is managed by your employer, then there is no need for the client letter.

2) Employer's internal project is also not mentioned in petition but my employer is providing me project description and employer letter on the internal project. Will it be a problem?
        >>> No. As long as your have proper documentation explaining your day to day work, including your roles and responsibilities, project details (mentioning it is an internal project), technologies used etc, you are good.
        Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

H1b visa : Documents and Delay between approval and interview

Hi Shervin143,

I have 3 more questions that I would request you to answer :

1) My Petition was approved on 10th Nov 2011. But my petitioner has send the documents now and it would be more than 4 months since the petition got approved. Is this gap a concerned when a appear for interview (probably in mid feb).

Do I need to provide any documents for the delay?

2) Can the address of my petitioner and my client be same (actually they are same)? According to the petition I will be working with my petitioner at my petitioner's office. But it is office of my client (according to the letter from the client in project letter).

3) Do I need original LCA and original I-129 for the interview (H1b visa)? I have only received original I-979B. Copy of petition, copy of LCA (ETA Form 9035 & 9035E).

Thanks in advance

Regards

Comment

1) My Petition was approved on 10th Nov 2011. But my petitioner has send the documents now and it would be more than 4 months since the petition got approved. Is this gap a concerned when a appear for interview (probably in mid feb).
            >>> No.

Do I need to provide any documents for the delay?
            >>> No. But you have to carry the lastest employment verification letter to prove the job still exist.

2) Can the address of my petitioner and my client be same (actually they are same)? According to the petition I will be working with my petitioner at my petitioner's office. But it is office of my client (according to the letter from the client in project letter).
            >>> Yes.

3) Do I need original LCA and original I-129 for the interview (H1b visa)? I have only received original I-979B. Copy of petition, copy of LCA (ETA Form 9035 & 9035E).
            >>> Original I-797 approval notice is required. I-129 can only be a copy as teh original will be sent to USCIS. A copy of the LCA is enough.

Comment

Salary Difference in LCA and Petition and Address confusion.

Hi Shervin143,

Please help me in clearing some more confusion.

1) I see difference in wages in LCA (section G, point 9 Prevailing wage : 65187.00) and I-129 (part 5, point 8 Wages per year : 70,000.00/year). This is a bit confusing. In DS - 160, I have given 70,000/year.

2) My Employer has 2 addresses : One at which company is registered and other is the working office. In LCA employer point of contact is the address of "working office", which is also my intended location of working. But on the letter head from employer the address where "company is registered" is mention. In DS - 160 I have give "working office" address every where.
              Also in my appointment letter "working office" address is mentioned as my intended work location.

Is difference in address can create confusion in VO's mind and can result in rejection?

3) I will work directly with the employer "ABC" at its "working office". I have a letter from client "XYZ" on whose project I would work. On letter head of "XYZ", my client's address mentioned is same ("ABC" "working office").
              Like ABC's working office is 820 Auther Road and my client's is also 820 Auther Road.

Please help...
              Thanks in advance.
              I am going for interview on 28th Feb 2012.

Regards

Comment

1) I see difference in wages in LCA (section G, point 9 Prevailing wage : 65187.00) and I-129 (part 5, point 8 Wages per year : 70,000.00/year). This is a bit confusing. In DS - 160, I have given 70,000/year.
                >>> If you get paid less than the approved LCA, then that is an issue. Getting paid more is not a problem. While filling DS160, enter the actual wage that you get (matching your pay slip).

2) My Employer has 2 addresses : One at which company is registered and other is the working office. In LCA employer point of contact is the address of "working office", which is also my intended location of working. But on the letter head from employer the address where "company is registered" is mention. In DS - 160 I have give "working office" address every where.
                Also in my appointment letter "working office" address is mentioned as my intended work location.
                >>> This is not an issue. You can explain this to the VO is asked. You need to enter the address of your actual work location in DS160.

Is difference in address can create confusion in VO's mind and can result in rejection?
                >>> They will not blindly reject a visa without questioning you first. You can explain if asked.

3) I will work directly with the employer "ABC" at its "working office". I have a letter from client "XYZ" on whose project I would work. On letter head of "XYZ", my client's address mentioned is same ("ABC" "working office").
                Like ABC's working office is 820 Auther Road and my client's is also 820 Auther Road.
                >>> That sounds okay. In your case, you don't even need a client letter as you work directly at your employer office. But if you already have a client letter then carry it with you. During the interview, explain the VO that you work directly for the employer.

Comment

H4 interview confusions of wife and step daughter.

Hi Shervin143,

Thanks for all your help.

There is one more question, its about my wife and kid who will appear for H4 interview with me.

1) My marriage with my wife is 1st marriage. But for my wife its her 2nd marriage. She got divorced from her 1st marriage and then we got married. We have marriage certificate and marriage photos. She has divorce decree of her 1st marriage. Also she has new passport holding my name.

Are these documents enough for interview?

2) My daughter is actually my step daughter. She was born from my wife's 1st marriage. In the divorce decree, the permanent custody of daughter was provided to mother. My daughter holds my name as father but her birth certificate holds her natural father's name. We got married 2 years before but my daugther's age is 11 years.

I thinks VO will surely ask about all this. Do I need any other documents in both of the cases.

Also if possible, please suggest how to move on in such cases.

I hope this is my last question to you.

Thanks in advance.

Regards

Comment

1) My marriage with my wife is 1st marriage. But for my wife its her 2nd marriage. She got divorced from her 1st marriage and then we got married. We have marriage certificate and marriage photos. She has divorce decree of her 1st marriage. Also she has new passport holding my name.

Are these documents enough for interview?
                    >>> They are good enough.

2) My daughter is actually my step daughter. She was born from my wife's 1st marriage. In the divorce decree, the permanent custody of daughter was provided to mother. My daughter holds my name as father but her birth certificate holds her natural father's name. We got married 2 years before but my daugther's age is 11 years.

I thinks VO will surely ask about all this. Do I need any other documents in both of the cases.
                    >>> The documents that you have are good enough. But to be on a safer side, do a legal name change for your step daughter if you haven't already did that.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                    X