X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When should my wife appear for h4 ???

Hi,

This is Ravi, QA Consultant.
    I got my H1B approved on 13th of October 2011. My Project got over on 10th of October,2011.
    I am still looking for job and i just got verbal confirmation from one Client today. But not yet got official confirmation as vendor and client are negotiation the rate. No as per the lawyer from my employer company said that i have to join new project in 30 days so because of that i did not work for the month of October and the from 1st November i have to show that i have joined new company/client company. I am getting pay for previous month of work to current month. As per that i did not get pay in November for the month of October as i did not work. now for the the month of November i have to generate my pay. So i dont have my paycheck for the month of October. Now my question is if if got final confirmation for the client who just has given verbal confirmation, when should my wife appear for H4 visa ????

Thanks a lot in Advance.

Ravi Soni

What is going on between your employer and his client is irrelevent from your H1 perpsective.

As long as you are on H1, you must get continuously paid your full salary whether your employer is able to find work for you or not. Otherwise, you are out of status.
    Immihelp Support
    No legal advice. Use at your own risk.

Visa and Greencard Tracker

Visitor Medical Insurance for your visiting relatives.

Comment

You are out of staus for the months where you don't have a payslip. When you are out of status, getting the H4 stamped is very hard. The employer shold pay you irrespective of whether there is work or not. Complain to DOL and make them pay so maintain your H1B status.
      Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

Thanks for your Answer

Hi, I really dont know what should be done now, but they are saying you are good now and from November onward we will have to Generate your pay. They are saying that the law is you can join new project in a month till you got h1 approved. Will this affect in future for my wife to come on H4 ???
        Last edited by ravirsoni; 12-15-2011, 11:27 PM.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X