Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 221g(blue slip) on H4 at Mumbai consulate

Hi All,

My wife appeared for H4 visa at Mumbai consulate and she got 221g blue form requesting bunch of different documents like petitioner's organizational chart, list of all the candidates works for the same employer on notarized documents with their client, pay details, etc. I'm just wondering what the hell is has to do with H4 visa. Is any one has same issue?

I asked my employer but he's not ready to provide such documents? what should I do? Please help.

There is no H4 without a valid H1B. What they are trying to figure out is whether you are in valid H1B status or not and whether your employer is able to provide work as per the H1B regulations. If the employer is not ready to provide these documents, then the only option is to withdraw the visa application. You can either transfer the H1B petition to a difefrent employer and try the H4 again or appear for H1B and H4 together (Your employer will have to provide all these documents when you appear for the H1B stamping). Also, consult a good immigration attorney to see anything else can be done.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

Even my wife got the same list as modi got. My employer told that it would take 2 months.. but case will get cleared.

Comment

Originally posted by abhi555 View Post
        Even my wife got the same list as modi got. My employer told that it would take 2 months.. but case will get cleared.
        Thanks for the post. Its good to hear that it will get cleared sooner or later, but my employer said it might affect on my H1 as well. Is it true?

Comment

Possible based on the outcome of the admin processing. There are cases whether the consulate has asked USCIS to review the approved I-797 of the H1B holder. If you are in proper H1B status and have never been out of status and if your employer is following all the H1B regulations, then you need not worry.

Originally posted by modi_rushabh View Post
          Thanks for the post. Its good to hear that it will get cleared sooner or later, but my employer said it might affect on my H1 as well. Is it true?
          Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

Even with me the same scenario.. under H4, y'day my wife attended @ Mumbai.. got 221g (blue slip). Asked numerous documents .. entire kundali of employer... dont know whether they are available with my employer ??!! one thing which is bothering me that they asked to provide payslips and bank statement for whole year.. unfortunately I dont have 2 months pay slips.. in this scenario how should we respond?

Comment

Just curious, anyone of you have tracking number of blue 221g form? We did not get tracking number.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
              X