Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Possible to join the new company before the current h1 comes

Hi,

I have been consulting with company "A" through a consultancy company "B" and the company "A" decided to take me on board as a full time employee on their payroll and filed for an H1B transfer by a regular process(not premium) and got the receipt and asking me to join them as soon as possible. Meanwhile the company "C" came up with an offer and they are ready to file the H1B in premium process. Comparatively C is a better choice for me.

1. Is it possible for me to join C when they get the H1 approved even after becoming an employee of company A ?

2. If I do a switch like that what consequences can happen in future? Will that affect my Green card process in future with company C?

3. I know it is not fair but can the company A do any legal action against me and not provide the experience letter?

I have not signed any bond with them.

Hoping to have a response soon.

Regards,
    R
    Last edited by h1bfaq; 12-21-2011, 08:35 AM. Reason: Removing index

1. Is it possible for me to join C when they get the H1 approved even after becoming an employee of company A ?
    >>> Yes.

2. If I do a switch like that what consequences can happen in future? Will that affect my Green card process in future with company C?
    >>> No consequences.

3. I know it is not fair but can the company A do any legal action against me and not provide the experience letter?
    >>> They cannot take any legal action as long as you haven't signed any contract. Whether they will issue you a cexperience letter or not depends on the employer and there is nothing you can do. For GC processing, you can get a notarized letter from any of your colleagues that include your designation, time period with the employer and roles & responsibilities.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

Thank you for your prompt response.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X