Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Passport is under process at US embassy

Hi,

I had received a 221g (yellow) on December 9 at Mumbai consulate for damaged passport. I submitted my new passport on Dec 19. I wanted to know if the status on "track your passport" on the vfs wesbite changes once they mail the passport ? Is there any other way of knowing whether my passport has been mailed ? The problem is I have my return ticket on Dec 27 so every day matters.

Don't count on the status in the website. You never know when they will update it. There are cases where it doesn't get updated at all. Your only option is to keep checking with the VFS helpdesk. The chances of your geting the passport back in time is very slim considering the christmas vacations. Just be prepared to postpone your tickets just in case you don't receive the passport in time.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

If damaged passport was the only reason for 221g you can try calling/emailing the consulate to check if they can send it soon. It should get resolved quickly.
      Passport tracking on VFS is for tracking the delivery after Consulates hands over the passport to VFS. If you keep checking it regularly, you can go and pick up your passport in person from VFS counter. They keep it with them until evening after consulate gives them the passport and then courier it.
      This is my opinion and not legal advice.

Comment

Damaged passport H1b visa stamping

I got a 221g blue form on Nov 17th for damaged passport. The interviewer said your visa is granted but please submit the new passport for stamping. It took so long for me to get my new passport from our Indian passport office. Currently it is under processing (since Dec 22nd 2011) with US consulate. However, my tracking is using my old passport no. and not new passport no. Is this the case when you submit a new passport to embassy? My company tells it will take 3 weeks to get my passport back. I am worried. During the interview, i asked the interviewer when i will get my passport back if i submit it. He said 1 -2 working days. Not sure why my company is telling 3 weeks. Any one in similar situation?

Comment

They are case by case basis. The information from your company is correct. That is the normal turn around time.

Originally posted by karthicka View Post
          I got a 221g blue form on Nov 17th for damaged passport. The interviewer said your visa is granted but please submit the new passport for stamping. It took so long for me to get my new passport from our Indian passport office. Currently it is under processing (since Dec 22nd 2011) with US consulate. However, my tracking is using my old passport no. and not new passport no. Is this the case when you submit a new passport to embassy? My company tells it will take 3 weeks to get my passport back. I am worried. During the interview, i asked the interviewer when i will get my passport back if i submit it. He said 1 -2 working days. Not sure why my company is telling 3 weeks. Any one in similar situation?
          Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

rohit_h1b - Did you hear back from the consulate?

Comment

Originally posted by rohit_h1b View Post
              Hi,

I had received a 221g (yellow) on December 9 at Mumbai consulate for damaged passport. I submitted my new passport on Dec 19. I wanted to know if the status on "track your passport" on the vfs wesbite changes once they mail the passport ? Is there any other way of knowing whether my passport has been mailed ? The problem is I have my return ticket on Dec 27 so every day matters.
              Did you get your passport back?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
              X