Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1b Employer - Signed offer Letter

Hi,

I was on L1b Visa, and tried to convert to H1b Visa, during this process, I opted one X consulting company for less package and not much Benefits, opted it out just for the sake of coming out of L1b. fortunately i asked my start date on the petition as Jan 1st week 2012.

X company applied and got my H1b approved now. and this petition is going to valid only from Jan 2012, and X company is not bothering me as of now to join there.

during the process, i also got a full time opportunity with a company Y and they also applied my H1b and got it approved and joined the company. And the start date of this petition was Nov 2011, due to family situation i opted this for stability.

X company is perfect body shopping, and I didn't done much of research, it was my mistake that i signed the offer letter and sent the copy to them.

In X company offer letter there is clause that if i didn't show up, they are asking me pay for 6k USD expenses, is it legal?

can they do harassment?

Please advise me what is the best thing i can do ?

since you have signed up such paperwork the best option is to consult a labor attorney and discuss on how to proceed ahead

Comment

Hi The best bet 4 you would be to proceed with the company Y and when X comes in contact try exploring on the points of the project for which they filed your H1 ....

did they file for you for internal project ? is it existing ?
      if for consulting ...do they have a ready client offer for u ? im sure no .....explore the above two and get out of contract safe . since they do body shopping .....they too dont pull the matter much i guess .

Comment

They said.. some onshore offshore model project, basing on that they filed for petition approval purpose, after approval, their idea is to place me at some client place, through corp to corp

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X