H1b Transfer without I797

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by shervin143 View Post
    Irrespective of the employer, if you have pay slips to prove your H1B status, then you can apply for the transfer. If you worked for employer B only for 1 months, then include that pay slip and two pay slips from the previous employer to show that you maintained your H1B status.

Advisable not to join employer C until you get the H1B transfer approved.
    Thanks for the reply Shervin, can you please tell me what is the reason why i have to wait till my H1B transfer is approved as it is said that once we get the receipt number i can join working with the new employer. Can you please specify the issues.

Thanks.

Comment

I did not say you have to wait. I said it is advisable to wait. If you join with the receipt notice and if the transfer gets denied later, then you will be in a mess. You cannot go back to your previous employer without leaving the country and re-entering with the previous employer's petition even if the previous employer is willing to offer your old job back.

Originally posted by erricster View Post
      Thanks for the reply Shervin, can you please tell me what is the reason why i have to wait till my H1B transfer is approved as it is said that once we get the receipt number i can join working with the new employer. Can you please specify the issues.

Thanks.
      Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

How do i get my petetion/USICS number

Hello,

i had applied for H1 2 yrs back by my previous employer and i resigned from that company.. and i know that my petetion was approved, but i dont no my petetion/case number..
        can some one help me how do i get that now..

Thanks,
        Kalyan

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X