Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have Stamped H1B Visa can i apply for my wifes H4 Visa

Hello,

I have stamped H1B visa from last 6 months.
    I havent travelled to US yet because my weeding was schedule.
    Now wedding is completed and now i need to fly to US with my wife.
    So please suggest which visa should i apply so that i can take her along with me.
    Can i apply for H4 visa.
    I really need help people.
    Please respond ASAP.

She need to get a H4 visa based on your H1B petition.
    https://www.immihelp.com/h4-visa-stamping-documents/
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

Thanks for reply
      I have seen the document list
      I have few questions related to supporting documents

Can you please explain the line - She need to get a H4 visa based on your H1B petition?

Document 1. Paystubs from applicant's current workplace ?
      Query Related to Document 1 : Which paystubs needs to be produced US Paystubs or India Paystubs
      I have not travelled to US yet , I have only India Paystubs are the enough to make my case go through the visa.
      Will India Tax return are also acceptable.

Document 2. Do i require employee verification letter also. As this document is not mentioned in the document list?
      Query Related to Document 2: I can get Employee Verification Letter from Indian Employee. I dont thing i will get employee verification letter from US employee.

Please help me with your answeres on the above mentioned queries.
      I really need your help.

Comment

Can you please explain the line - She need to get a H4 visa based on your H1B petition?
        >>> Just following the document list in the link that I provided. That will do.

Document 1. Paystubs from applicant's current workplace ?
        Query Related to Document 1 : Which paystubs needs to be produced US Paystubs or India Paystubs
        I have not travelled to US yet , I have only India Paystubs are the enough to make my case go through the visa.
        Will India Tax return are also acceptable.
        >>> If you are still in your home country, then the U.S payslips are w2 are not required. You can have her carry your Indian payslips and tax returns. But I doubt if the VO will verify them. But it is advisable to carry them.

Document 2. Do i require employee verification letter also. As this document is not mentioned in the document list?
        >>> Yes, a letter from the employer stating that you will be employed with them when you reach U.S and it should include your designation and roles and responsibilities.

Query Related to Document 2: I can get Employee Verification Letter from Indian Employee. I dont thing i will get employee verification letter from US employee.
        >>> You need the employment verification letter from your U.S employer. U.S visa is for working in U.S for the U.S employer and not in India.

Comment

HI , U need to work on your marriage certificate as well .

Comment

I have taken care of my marriage certificate.
            My concern should i go for my wife H4 Visa.
            My employer is not ready to give me employee verification letter.
            He is ready to give me offer valid letter.
            Rest other documents i have with me.
            Please suggest people should i apply for her Visa.
            I am really tensed and confused.
            Because i m stuck because of it.
            Please help people.
            Please respond ASAP.

Comment

Offer letter with the latest date and that will work. There is no harm in trying to get the H4 for your dependents.

Originally posted by nikhilnicks View Post
              I have taken care of my marriage certificate.
              My concern should i go for my wife H4 Visa.
              My employer is not ready to give me employee verification letter.
              He is ready to give me offer valid letter.
              Rest other documents i have with me.
              Please suggest people should i apply for her Visa.
              I am really tensed and confused.
              Because i m stuck because of it.
              Please help people.
              Please respond ASAP.
              Last edited by shervin143; 01-05-2012, 01:09 PM.

Comment

Do i need full offer letter or just letter from my employer stating that ur offer is still valid.
                If the VO ask where is he currently working ? what she should answer for this question.Can she answere that he is currently working in India. Would this create a problem for her visa.
                Can VO revoke my visa if she doesnt clear the interview.
                What will happen if my visa is revoked?
                Is their a probability of my visa getting revoked becuase i havent travelled from last 6 months.
                Will Offer letter suffice in place of Employee Verification letter.
                Please help me people. I am totally confused how should i go about it.
                Can anyone please let me know in detail how should i proceed.
                Please HELP IMMEDIATELY.

Comment

Do i need full offer letter or just letter from my employer stating that ur offer is still valid.
                  >>> It has to be a full odffer leter or an employment authorization letter stating that the job still exist and the candidate will join them upon receiving the visa.

If the VO ask where is he currently working ? what she should answer for this question.Can she answere that he is currently working in India. Would this create a problem for her visa.
                  >>> No hard in mentioning that she is currently employed in India. No VO will expect her to quit her job before even getting the visa stamped.

Can VO revoke my visa if she doesnt clear the interview.
                  >>> No.

What will happen if my visa is revoked?
                  >>> They won';t revoke your visa. If they figure out that your employment is not as per the H1B regulations, then they can ask USCIS to revoke your petition.

Is their a probability of my visa getting revoked becuase i havent travelled from last 6 months.
                  >>> No.

Will Offer letter suffice in place of Employee Verification letter.
                  >>> If you haven't yet joined the employed, then get a new offer letter. If you are already workingf or the employer, then get an employment verification letter.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                  X