Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RFE for System Analyst with Civil Engineering Background

Hello readers,

I need help answering my RFE. My consultant and attorney are of no help in answering this query since they are saying it is technical question, asked by USCIS to provide additional evidence showing how my Civil Engineering BE and masters in transportation planning and management relate to my present job as a systems analyst. It is my understanding that consultants and attorneys do help with this kind of evidence requests from USCIS.

Is anyone else in the same boat ? If so, can you kindly provide me some inputs about how to proceed with answering this query. It is really important that I get my H1-B.

I worked as an Assistant Systems Analyst in India for a period of 1 year. The job I am doing right now involves infrastructure facilities, such as Hydrants in a county. ALthough, I directly do not work with infrastructure facilities, it is important that the analyst have an understanding of the same. Along with the software skills that I have.

I was also asked for evaluation of my educational transcripts. I do have a PGDCA certificate in India, but there is no way that USCIS can check it since it is one of the several training institutes, do you suggest me to still keep for evaluation purposes ? I did not mention it in my resume before assuming that it would not help since the certificate is not from any university.

Please advise on what I should be doing.

Thanks,
    Ram.

The petition was filed by your employer. The RFE is actually addressed to your employer and they should answer it. Of course, if it relates to your credentials, you should provide them information to help in responding to the RFE. So you are the one helping them and not the other way around.

There are education evaluators who can evaluate your education (including diplomas and such). If your employer hires an experienced lawyer they should be able to handle it.

Letter from client and employer showing how your degree is relevant to the job may help with the other query.
    This is my opinion and not legal advice.

Comment

Thanks kabkaba for the reply.

I know the process about educational evaluation and the justifications. I am scared though that if I could not convince them with enough justification, I will not get my H1B. I was hoping that I would get some help from people in the same boat.

I do not have any templates to work with, I understand that such information will not be available on the internet, but unfortunately, I do not know of anyone with the same problem who could help me with this specific situation, i.e civil background shifted to software field.

My employer and the legal counsel is of no hope, typical indian consultant, i guess he started this gig just recently. I am on my own, even from writing the letter to USCIS as addressed by my employer.

Anyone else who goes through this post, please contact me.

Thanks.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X