X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1/H4 approved No slip but PIMS verification

Hi,

Please help me in getting the answers.

H1 and H4 interview.VO said Visa is approved and no slips, but passport was taken.VO mentioned that PIMS verification is required so it would take an extra couple of days than usual.Is there anybody who received the passport with same situation within 2 weeks or should I expect delays..

Also, is it possible if I want to get the H4's passport back before the visa is stamped (if it going to take a long time to get the pims verification done..) and travel to another country(I have a visa for another country) meanwhile and submit the passport again to consulate for getting visa stamped.

If I can collect then do I need to reapply for the visa again or can I just submit the passport for visa printing.

Thanks

PIMS usually take about 2 weeks to get cleared. However, there are cases where it has taken a couple of months. If you want your passport back, you have to write a letter to the consulate explaining the reason and mention that you will return the passport back to VFS when tthey are ready to stamp the visa. You don't have to take a visa interview or pay the visa fees again. But since the delay is just because of PIMS and not because of 221g, I would suggest you to wait for at least 2-3 weeks before your request your passport back.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X