Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F1 Rejected twice... Applying for H4 Visa

Hi,

I had appeared for F1 student visa twice in June 2011 at Mumbai consulate but it unfortunately got rejected under section 214(B). Now, since I got married to a H1B visa holder I am applying for H4 dependent visa. But I am not able to get an early visa appointment for Mumbai consulate. Dates are available Chennai and Hyderabad only. I came to know that since my visa has been rejected twice in Mumbai I will have to compulsorily apply in Mumbai only. Can anyone confirm this rule please.

Will these F1 rejections affect my H4 visa approval?

Please guide.

It will not affect, but it must be mentions in the application.
    This is my opinion and not legal advice.

Comment

Hi

Can you please share your experience for H4 visa?

My would be wife is in the same boat. Her F-1 was rejected recently (29th June, 2012) and we are going to get married on July 29, 2012 and she is going to apply for H-4 (in August, 2012). Can you please tell me how did you handle the interview and what was the result?

Thanks

Originally posted by ppb View Post
      Hi,

I had appeared for F1 student visa twice in June 2011 at Mumbai consulate but it unfortunately got rejected under section 214(B). Now, since I got married to a H1B visa holder I am applying for H4 dependent visa. But I am not able to get an early visa appointment for Mumbai consulate. Dates are available Chennai and Hyderabad only. I came to know that since my visa has been rejected twice in Mumbai I will have to compulsorily apply in Mumbai only. Can anyone confirm this rule please.

Please guide.
      Last edited by cpjethani; 07-01-2012, 05:01 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by ppb View Post
        Hi,

Please guide.

Can you please post your visa experience, since I too fall in same category. my F1 visa was rejected twice in june 2012. Now, I am applying for H4 visa in december 2013. Does F1 rejection affect H4?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X