Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Payroll running in company

Hi,

I am working in MA client from starting last to now but my employer running my payroll in NJ with my old NJ address, my employer company located in NJ.

Is there issue I can get for career (like GC).

Please advice good suggestion to me.

Regards,
    Killi.

It is illegal to process you payroll in NJ when you actuially work in MA. This can very well lead to problems with future petitions, visa stamping and GC process.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

Originally posted by shervin143 View Post
      It is illegal to process you payroll in NJ when you actuially work in MA. This can very well lead to problems with future petitions, visa stamping and GC process.

But I came recently to USA just one year back, what to do? do I need to do complaint on my employer to DOL?

Please suggest me, what I need to do.

Comment

Fopr USCIS, it doesn't matter when you came to U.S.A. It is your responsibility as an H1B holder to know the H1B regulations. Ask your emplyer to deduce the taxes for the state where you are working. You can still consult a financial consultant and pay your taxes for the correct state and getthe money back from the state where it was paid wrongly. Find a good tax consultant.

Originally posted by helpking View Post
        But I came recently to USA just one year back, what to do? do I need to do complaint on my employer to DOL?

Please suggest me, what I need to do.
        Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X