Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• original passport in VFS Application packet [Mumbai]

Hi,

I have a question about the VFS Application packet that is to be submitted 3 day before Visa interview at Mumbai consulate.

Although VFS website clearly states that only the copy of the first, last page and any observations pages of current valid passport are to be submitted, however someone in my office is recommending to submit original passport along with other required docs in this packet.

- Should original passport be included in VFS packet [for Mumbai consulate]?
    - If original passport is submitted with VFS packet will it be a problem while going for interview at Mumbai consulate? I think they check the passports while entering the consulate??
    - Has anyone experienced this situation? Your comments will be very helpful.

Thanks in advance

No, keep the original passport with you. You can carry the original when you attend the visa interview.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

Thanks shervin143.
      However it the office folks insist on submitting the passport with VFS packet, can this be a problem while entering the consulate on Visa interview day?

Comment

I am not sure how it works in Mumbai. I would suggest you to call VFS helpdesk @ Mumbai and check with them.

Originally posted by MrSingh View Post
        Thanks shervin143.
        However it the office folks insist on submitting the passport with VFS packet, can this be a problem while entering the consulate on Visa interview day?
        Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

VFS person will not accept the passport. They will only take whatever is necessary.
          This is my opinion and not legal advice.

Comment

Thanks Shervin143 & Kabkaba.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X