Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Experience Letter

Hello all,

I am working for an Indian MNC and have resigned recently. My employer is not issuing me an experience certificate because I had signed a bond in India with this employer. As per the bond, If I leave the company during my onsite deputation, I am liable to pay a compensation of INR X,XX, YYYY .

Given that I signed this bond in India, is it still valid in USA?

Thanks.

The amount figure in INR X,XX,ZZZ . Typo mistake in my query.

Comment

Bonds like these signed in U.S are not valid. The maximum that they could do is avoid issuing you the experience letter. But it is really hard to comment on it without knowing the entire content of the bond. I suggest you consult a lawyer in the country where you signed this bond.
      Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

basically, the bond terms and conditions are pretty straight forward. As per the bond, if an employee leaves the company during his onsite deputation, he is liable to pay a liquidity damage of INR X,XX,ZZZ. If not, then company will not issue the experience and reliving letter. I am just curious to know whether such a condition is applicable as per the labor law in USA. Employer anyways have to pay my current month salary and leave encashment in USA. The 'no dues' will not be cleared for my home country where I signed this bond. Is a legal notice will be worth to send to the HR in employer's USA office? Any suggestion will he appreciated.

Comment

Like I mentioned, these bonds are not valid in U.S as employment is at will basis. However, if the employer is not willing to issue you the experience/relieving letter, then there is nothing much you can do. They are suppose to pay you until your last working day with them. Otherwise, you can complaint to DOL and make then pay.

Originally posted by ak57271 View Post
          basically, the bond terms and conditions are pretty straight forward. As per the bond, if an employee leaves the company during his onsite deputation, he is liable to pay a liquidity damage of INR X,XX,ZZZ. If not, then company will not issue the experience and reliving letter. I am just curious to know whether such a condition is applicable as per the labor law in USA. Employer anyways have to pay my current month salary and leave encashment in USA. The 'no dues' will not be cleared for my home country where I signed this bond. Is a legal notice will be worth to send to the HR in employer's USA office? Any suggestion will he appreciated.
          Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X