H4 visa issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H4 visa issue

If any one can one answer that will be great and appreciated.

My wife face got h4 visa stamping for 1 year even though she had h4 approval for 3 years. Why it happened ? is there any reason? i know its tuff to ans. But my main question is after her stamping is expired do we need to go back again for stamping? or she can stay as long as we want. OR we can get the extention of i94. what is the process? so she doesn't become invalid status. please help me out.

thanks

She can stay in the country as long as I-94 is valid.

Comment

Thanks for the quick reply. can we extend the I94 with out leaving the USA?

Comment

The H4 visa could have issued for a lesser duration than the approval notice (H1B I-797) as her passsport might be expiring within a year. Check that. Or probablt she carried a client letter that states that your duration of work is only for 1 year. It can be anything.

Visa is only an entry doucment to U.S. Valid visa is not required to stay in U.S. As long as her I-94 is valid, she can stay in U.S. When her I-94 is about to expire, you can file form I-539 to extend her H4 status. Extension can be filed 6 months prior to the I-94 expiry date. Look at the instrcutions to file form I-539 for more details.
        Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X