Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Multiple H1-B (one with RFE and other in process)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Multiple H1-B (one with RFE and other in process)

Hi,

I have an urgent question - My wife accepted the offer of Company A in premium processing and got RFE in that. She then got a better offer from Company B and now they are in process of filing her H1-B.

Please advice is it possible and legal to file H1-B with Company B.

Thanks in advance.

You need to provide more information. Is your wife currently in U.S. If yes, what is her current immigration status? When does her I-94 expire or has it already expired? Has she already started working for company A?
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

She came to US in Mar 2006 on H4 and got converted to H1 in Oct 2006 and has been on H1 since then. She has not joined the Company A yet. Also she is in between jobs, her last company's Visa is valid until Sep 2012 (I-94).

Please advice and let me know if you need more information.

Comment

Also its been 2 months since she left her last job, is that an issue? Her last pay slip is of Dec 9th 2011. Please advice

Comment

Well, she is currently out of status on H1B and so a transfer is not technically possible. The H1B transfer can very well get approved for consular process. She should have converted her status back to h4 before her last working day or she should have left the country. It is not advisable to accumulate more out of status period.

Filing multiple transfers at the same time is not an issue. The issue here is none of the transfers might come with a valid I-94. In such case, she will have to leave the country and return back in H1B visa to get a new I-94 at the POE to continue to work. Advisable to file the transfers in premium to avoid more out of status period.
          Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

Thank you really appreciate your response.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X