Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B at port of entry

Hi everyone!

I would dearly appreciate anyone who can share their experience on this. I am on H1B visa about to leave for US next week. I am worried on the situation I will be faced at the port of entry. My questions are these:

1) I was the one who purchased my flight tickets. Is it okay if I tell the immigration officer that I was the one who purchased the tickets? Are there consequences if they know that I bought it?

2) Upon arrival at the port of entry, will they call the employer on the phone before they approve my entry or I can just give them necessary documents such as the approval of notice and employment letter?

Please help..Need your urgent reply..thanks in advance! God bless!

1) I was the one who purchased my flight tickets. Is it okay if I tell the immigration officer that I was the one who purchased the tickets? Are there consequences if they know that I bought it?
    >>> This will not be an issue. I don't think they will care about who actually purchased the ticket.

2) Upon arrival at the port of entry, will they call the employer on the phone before they approve my entry or I can just give them necessary documents such as the approval of notice and employment letter?
    >>> It depends on the officer. Once they verify your documents, if they are still in doubt, they may call your employer to verify.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

thanks for your quick response. I will be arriving at night time, do they call employers at night?

Comment

Probably not. But why are you so concerned? Your employer is aware that you are travelling to work for them, right?

Originally posted by chloe27 View Post
        thanks for your quick response. I will be arriving at night time, do they call employers at night?
        Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X