Online H1B Case Status on USCIS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Online H1B Case Status on USCIS

My H1B petition was files in year 2006 which I believe was approved as my employer was sending me for stamping in year 2007 but never saw approval notice. I did not get stamped as I left that job soon after that. Now I only have receipt notice with me.

Based on EAC number when I checked the status online on USCIS, it shows as Initial Review with following message:

'On May 13, 2009, we transferred this case I129 PETITION FOR A NONIMMIGRANT WORKER to another office for processing and sent you a notice explaining this action.'

How reliable this online status is? If I go by what is mentioned here in online status - it simply means the petition was never approved or rejected but sitting in Initial review status for so many years? Is this possible?

The information published in the online case tracker is not always accurate. You should not rely on that. At the same time, it is not advisable to use the CAP from that petition (using the receipt notice) without knowing for sure whether that petition got approved or not.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

Thanks Shervin,

What is the possible consequence apart from new petition getting rejected if old one was not approved? Would that result in spoiling my immigration history records or something of that sort?
      Otherwise I was thinking it is worth taking a risk.

Comment

Just the petition might get rejected and the employer will loose the filing fee.

Originally posted by rkalsulkar View Post
        Thanks Shervin,

What is the possible consequence apart from new petition getting rejected if old one was not approved? Would that result in spoiling my immigration history records or something of that sort?
        Otherwise I was thinking it is worth taking a risk.
        Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

Thanks again Shervin.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X