Good news for H4 visa holders

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good news for H4 visa holders

I see this news in India newspapers stating "US proposes changes in H1-B & F1 visas.
    Prominent among these reforms include providing work authorisation for spouses of certain H-1B visa holders, 17-month extension of optional practical training (OPT) for F-1 international students to include students with a prior degree in Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics, allow for additional part-time study for spouses of F-1 students"

Anybody know more about this proposals. It will be glad if US act on this faster.

regards,
    raj

All these newspaper people do not know anything about U.S. immigration and spread rumors.

Nothing has been decided yet.
    Immihelp Support
    No legal advice. Use at your own risk.

Visa and Greencard Tracker

Visitor Medical Insurance for your visiting relatives.

Comment

Good news for H4

That's actually a great news.Because, its really frustrating after holding high qualification we were not able to work because of work restriction for H4.
      Even i heard USCIS has some proposal regarding this and probably would be implementing around march. But i am not sure what does "certain H1B holders" mean. I heard that spouses of H1B workers would be able to work if they have already filed their green card and their I-140 is approved.
      It would be a great news if other H4 spouses would also be eligible to work. Kindly update if anyone knows any news about this.
      Thanks.

Comment

Any updates on the same?? I was told by my supervisor that only for certain skills they are approving , options for working for people on H4

Comment

There is nothing to update. As of this date, H4 holders cannot work in U.S irrespective of what skill set that poses. These are just rumors as of now. This was just a proposal and it is not implemented.

Originally posted by poojau View Post
          Any updates on the same?? I was told by my supervisor that only for certain skills they are approving , options for working for people on H4
          Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

As of now,it's only a proposal -

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X