Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

H1B-Temp on Hold - PIMS DB issue (Mumbai Consulate)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B-Temp on Hold - PIMS DB issue (Mumbai Consulate)

Hi,

Today I have completed my VISA interview at 10.00 AM in Mumbai Consulate. Everything goes well at the end of interview. She collected my Passport for stamping but suddenly VO shocked to see something wrong on system screen. Upon asking of issue, VO said "Your Petition is not accessable by PIMS (petition Information Management Service) Database. It is throwing error ". She returned my passport along with 221(g) Yellow slip mentioning "PIMS" on it and said officer will contact you in next 24/48 Hrs. Even VO said, there is no need to give interview again.

Could anyone please suggest me , How much time will it take to resolve this issue ? I have no idea regarding PIMS Database.

Can I assume my Visa is approved but pending for stamping.

I m so worried because I have to fly on 15-Feb to US.

Thanks in Advance. Please help me out on this.

PIMS can take anywhere between a couple of days to 2 weeks. Once they verify your approved petition in PIMS, they will issue you the visa. Just be prepared to postpone your trip if necessary.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

Originally posted by shervin143 View Post
      PIMS can take anywhere between a couple of days to 2 weeks. Once they verify your approved petition in PIMS, they will issue you the visa. Just be prepared to postpone your trip if necessary.
      Thanks a lot for your reply...
      Do I need to conatct Mumbai VFS or They will provide wihout followup .
      Can you please provide Mumbai VFS number if it requires I can contact them.

Comment

Do I need to conatct Mumbai VFS or They will provide wihout followup .
        >>> Calling VFS will not help. You will get a standard reply saying they haven't received the passport yet from the consulate. Wait for a couple of weeks and then contact VFS.

Can you please provide Mumbai VFS number if it requires I can contact them.
        >>> Search in google.com.

Comment

Thanks a lot Shervin. But still I have dropped mail to VFS because of my manager's pressure . Let see the reply from them. I will post on thread.

Comment

On Behalf of Haribalan , (He experience the similar problem )

Hi,
            I am Hari from US. Saw you forum posting..thought this would be of some help....
            I had an experience but not exactly sure if that was pims error.. but this is what happened to me.

I went for stamping couple of years back and on the visa interview ALL was OK... but
            when the consulate officer enter some data at the last...she could not find my petition (kind of something like that she told)
            and said Database may not have been updated.....and was told i got to wait for few days...but in my case she took my passport....

then i did get it stamped after couple of extra days..(extra like 2-3days)..thats all...

i think this might be your case as well.. but in your case since they have returned passport, they might ask you
            to drop it back with some forms..... that would be my guess.

Comment

Hey,

Today I got the mail from US Mumbai Consulate stating that Your Administrative process completed and required to post the documents.

Total days to resolved : 3 Days

Can any one please suggest me what is the 3rd point from below mail. I did not get any envelop . Is it ok if I will provide in my own envelop ?

--------Sample ----------
              Dear Sir / Madam,

Your H/L visa’s administrative processing is complete. You DO NOT need to schedule another appointment or return to the consulate.

Please drop the following documents off at one of the VFS locations listed below.

1. Yellow pending letter

2. Passport

3. Envelope provided by the consulate (yellow, blue or green color)

4. Print out of this e-mail

VFS locations:

Mumbai
              Tirupati Apartments, Bhulabhai Desai Road, Opp. Mahalakshmi Temple,
              Mumbai - 400026.
              0800-1300 & 1400-1500

Ahmedabad
              Gujarat Chambers Building, Shri Ambika Mills, Ashram Road, Ahmedabad - 380009 .
              0800-1300 & 1400-1500

Pune
              106, Sohrab Hall 1st Floor, Sassoon Road, Behind Pune Station Junction,
              Pune - 411001 .
              0800-1300 & 1400-1500

Comment

Take the required doucments to VFS helpdesk where you gave the visa interview. They will provide you the envelop.

Comment

Thanks a lot Shervin. I have given interview in Bandra Kurla Complex and VFS location mentioned in mail , is of Mahalaxmi. Probably I will get the envelop over there. Right ?

One more query, Can I get my passport back by EOD ? or Do i need to wait for 2 more days. As mentioned earlier I have to fly as early as possible .

Comment

I have given interview in Bandra Kurla Complex and VFS location mentioned in mail , is of Mahalaxmi. Probably I will get the envelop over there. Right ?
                    >>> Correct.

One more query, Can I get my passport back by EOD ? or Do i need to wait for 2 more days. As mentioned earlier I have to fly as early as possible .
                    >>> Check with VFS when you go there. They will be able to tell you exactly when you can go back to collect the passport. If not on the same day, you will be able to collect it the immediate next day (Assuming the visa is granted).

Comment

Thanks a lot Shervin for all your help.

Today I have submitted the Passport on Mahalakshmi VFS. They provided envolope there .

My Visa is granted now. Probably I will get this in next 3 days by currier.

Comment

Hi,
                        I am in a similar situation as Vaibhav's .. I appeared for my H4 visa interview on 4th Jan at the Mumbai Consulate. At the end of the interview, the VO told me that there seemed to be some synchronization issue between his machine and the database and that my status was not appearing on his machine. As a result he would be unable to process my visa immediately. He assured me that the problem would be resolved in 24 hours to 2 days and that I would be contacted once the issue has been resolved. He gave me the 221 g yellow form and marked 'admin processing' on it. The VFS guy at the consulate told me to chk the mumbai consulate website for the refused or pending visa case status report for my CEAC code.

It has been almost 6 weeks now but I am still waiting to hear back from the consulate or see my CEAC code in the case status report.

Can anyone help me understand what the cause of this delay might be? VFS has already indicated that they have no visibility into the processing delay and have advised me to wait and watch.

Thanks
                        D

Comment

Well, if yuor case was marked for admin processing, then it will take its own course of time. Search and read the posts on 221g / admin processing. If your case was marked for PIMS verification, then it will take about 2 weeks to get it resolved.

Originally posted by troubled4visa View Post
                          Hi,
                          I am in a similar situation as Vaibhav's .. I appeared for my H4 visa interview on 4th Jan at the Mumbai Consulate. At the end of the interview, the VO told me that there seemed to be some synchronization issue between his machine and the database and that my status was not appearing on his machine. As a result he would be unable to process my visa immediately. He assured me that the problem would be resolved in 24 hours to 2 days and that I would be contacted once the issue has been resolved. He gave me the 221 g yellow form and marked 'admin processing' on it. The VFS guy at the consulate told me to chk the mumbai consulate website for the refused or pending visa case status report for my CEAC code.

It has been almost 6 weeks now but I am still waiting to hear back from the consulate or see my CEAC code in the case status report.

Can anyone help me understand what the cause of this delay might be? VFS has already indicated that they have no visibility into the processing delay and have advised me to wait and watch.

Thanks
                          D

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                          X