Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B Travel - Questions

Hi,

Currently I am on H1B & my visa is valid till August 2012 from my old employer.

I have changed my employer now & I have the new 797 document.

I am planning to travel to India in March.

Please let me know the documents which I need to carry for my trip. Do I need to get any new document from old or new employer ?

Also, please tell me before how many days / months I can return back to US using my existing stamping.

Please help !!

Thank You

You can enter back at any time before your visa stamp expires.

For the list of admission documents, check out http://www.immihelp.com/trip-cancell...documents.html
    Immihelp Support
    No legal advice. Use at your own risk.

Visa and Greencard Tracker

Visitor Medical Insurance for your visiting relatives.

Comment

Travelling to India, need H1B stamping

Hello,

I need to travel to India. I have an H1B visa. This is my first travel since I got my H1 approval and I will need visa stamping.
      My H1 is valid till 2014. I have all required documents. I work for third party and have an End Client letter and LCA for the same. The LCA was issued at the time of H1 extension in June 2011. Please let me know if I need a more recent LCA?
      What are the issues faced by candidates in my kind of situation?
      Currently I have all the relavent documents. Should I get an updated LCA?
      I heard it is easier to get stamping done in 3rd party countries like Jamaica. Is it true if you need first time stamping?
      I will be travelling with an infant and a toddler. Getting visa is really important. I will appreciate any help you can provide.

Comment

First time H1B stamping should be from your home country. New LCA is not required. Copy of the LCA that was filed before applying the H1B petition is sufficient for visa stamping.

Originally posted by gaddeepti View Post
        Hello,

I need to travel to India. I have an H1B visa. This is my first travel since I got my H1 approval and I will need visa stamping.
        My H1 is valid till 2014. I have all required documents. I work for third party and have an End Client letter and LCA for the same. The LCA was issued at the time of H1 extension in June 2011. Please let me know if I need a more recent LCA?
        What are the issues faced by candidates in my kind of situation?
        Currently I have all the relavent documents. Should I get an updated LCA?
        I heard it is easier to get stamping done in 3rd party countries like Jamaica. Is it true if you need first time stamping?
        I will be travelling with an infant and a toddler. Getting visa is really important. I will appreciate any help you can provide.
        Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

Are US born kids allowed with parents in the Indian US consulate?

My husband and I will be going for visa stamping in Chennai US consulate. We have a 4 yr old and an 8 month old. We do not have anyone to take care of them in chennai and also this is their first visit and hence i am not sure we can leave them with family while we go to chennai.

Can you please let me know if taking them with us will be an issue? Are US born kids allowed?

Comment

If they are U.S born, then you can take them inside the U.S consulte. Remember to carry their U.S passports. Do talk to VFS helpdesk to see if there are any other formalities.
            Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X