Client Letter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Client Letter

I am currently working in India and applying for 2012 H1B. I work for a service-based a MNC company (say AAA) which has strong US base and works out from India as well (like AAA Pvt India limited). I will be travelling to support one of the Client for my company. I received the client letter this week.

The client approval letter is not very detailed about the AAA Pvt India Limited- it says about the contract between the client and AAA.

Though the letter says that I am not an employee of the client, and briefs about the project and contract with US Company (i.e. AAA). It does not talk about who is my actual employer / petitioner (i.e. AAA India Pvt Limited) nor my role.

Is this acceptable ? I had seen few cases - the candidate dont even have client letter. I have the client letter - but it talks about the US counter part and does not say I am managed and paid by the petitioner / Indian company.

Can someone please advice on this ?

The letter is somewhat in the below template ..

To Whom So Ever It may concern:

This letter is written at the request of <AAA> to verify that <Employee> is performing service pursuant to a contract between <Client> and <AAA US> at our <location>. The Contract is valid until <date>.

<AAA US> is supporting a multi-year contract to provide <Service> with objective of <services>.

<Employee> is not an employee of <Client>.

The duration of <Employer> project assignment, as contractually provided through <AAA US>, is temporary and subject to performance of the assignment.

This letter looks good to me. They have clearly mention that you are a contractor and will be working through AAA for the given duration. The letter clearly mentions the relationship between the client and the Vendor (AAA) and the details of the project.

Now what you have to do is to get a letter from your employer mentioning your full name, designation, roles & responsibilities in the project and the technologies that you will use. It should also mention who will manage your work when you are at the client site (Should be a manager from your company and not the client).These two letters together will be good enough.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

thanks

Thanks Shervin143. I do have an letter from my Indian company with roles and responsibilities.

So won't the USCIS or the consulate be concerned about lack of mention of my Indian company name in the client letter ? It also does not mention about who will pay / manage me or I will be reporting to.

Comment

So won't the USCIS or the consulate be concerned about lack of mention of my Indian company name in the client letter ?
        >>> I thought the petitioner name was mentioned in the client letter along with your name.

It also does not mention about who will pay / manage me or I will be reporting to.
        >>> That can be mentioned in the letter from your employer. But if you can get a letter from the client stating that there is no employer-employee relationship between you and them and your work will be managed by a manger from your company, that will add a lot of value to the client letter.

Comment

So won't the USCIS or the consulate be concerned about lack of mention of my Indian company name in the client letter ?
          >>> I thought the petitioner name was mentioned in the client letter along with your name.
          Ravi: The petitioner is "AAA Pvt India Ltd" - but the client letter says "AAA US" - as the client has contract with the US company.

It also does not mention about who will pay / manage me or I will be reporting to.
          >>> That can be mentioned in the letter from your employer. But if you can get a letter from the client stating that there is no employer-employee relationship between you and them and your work will be managed by a manger from your company, that will add a lot of value to the client letter.
          Ravi: yes, the letter says there is no employer-employee relation with the client.
          Last edited by Ravik2k; 02-14-2012, 09:47 AM.

Comment

An indian company cannot file you a petition. It has to be a U.S company. When you travel to U.S, you are no longer employed with the Indian comapny. You will be an employee of the U.S company and you will have to get paid in USD and not in indian currency. What is mentioned in your client letter is correct. Check your approved petition. You will only see the U.S company name there and not the Indian company name. The letter that you get from the employer stating your roles and responsibilities and who you will report to should be from the company who filed your petition.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X