Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1 Extension

Hi,

I have got H1 stamped last year for one year validity and its expiring on 30th sept.

But till now I have not travelled to US on that visa. But I need to get this H1 extended.

If H1 can be extended only if I travel to US, before how much time I need to be there at US before expiry so that I can apply for extension of the same?

Thanks,
    Jenish

You need not have to be in U.S to extend the petition. The same employer who filed your H1B petition or any new employer can file a new CAP exempt petition on your behalf anytime and request an immediate start date. You just need to provide a copy of your existing approval notice.

If you are planning to travel to U.S and then file the extension, then it is advisable to travel 3-4 months before the petition expiry date. You will need a new LCA to file the H1B extension which will take about 2 weeks. Lawyers might take some time to prepare the documents. It is advisable to file the extension at least 3 months before the I-94 (the one that you will receive at the POE) expiry date. So plan accordingly.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X