X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1 Transfer wife in India

Hi Moderators,

Iam on H1 B
    My wife(H4-Dependent) is currently in India and has a valid visa till sep 2013 with my current employer.
    Iam planning to submit my transfer documents onto a new employer and expecting the transfer to happen March 2012 first week.
    My start date with new employer is April 02 2012.
    When should I apply for her transfer?(I can manage I-539 signature through Courier.)
    Should I apply her H4 transfer documents(I-539) now along with my documents or should i do that after she arrives here?

If I receive transfer approval before she arrives here,should she visit the consulate for stamping?

In case I want to avoid stamping can I apply her transfer now and call her on current visa before April 02/March last week

Will there be any problem at POE when her transfer happens but she arrives here before i join the new employer?

What is the best possible way to avoid stamping and hassles at POE.

Please advise.

There is no such thing as H4 transfer. H4 is not associated with any of your employers. Also, you cannot file form I-539 for a person who is outside U.S. As long as you are maintaining your H1B status, she can re-enter back in her current H4 visa. There is no need to go for the H4 stamping again just because you have changed employers. She will have to carry your I-797 approval notice that is associated to the employer whom you will be working on the date of her arrival. Her I-94 will be issued with an expiry date matching that petition.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X