Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DS160 For H4.Please Help

Hello All,

My fiance is in US and we are getting married in March.I am applying for H4 visa.I have few basic

doubts while filling DS 160.Please help answering the below questions.

1.Email Address : It should be my email id right ?? (as I myself is applying for the H4 visa rather
    than my husband on my behalf.

2.Work Phone No : since I am employed now and would be resigning after visa interview,I should
    mention my work phone no.Is is right?

3.Passport/Travel Document Type : I have selected Regular.Is that correct?(Regular,official,diplomatic,others)

4.In the Travel Information page : There is no question as "Are you the Principal applicant".
    First question on this page is " Purpose of Travel to US "
    I have selected as

Purpose of Trip to the U.S.: TEMPORARY WORKER (H)

Specify: SPOUSE OF AN H (H4) CHILD OF AN H (H4)

Principal Applicant Information

Surnames - My husband's surname
    Given Names -My husband's name

Application Receipt/Petition Number : Husband's Petition No.

Is the above selection correct ??

Please help in answering the above questions.Thanks in advance.

Regards,
    Rythm

Did you read the instrauction to file form DS160?
    https://www.immihelp.com/us-visa-app...n-form-ds-160/

My fiance is in US and we are getting married in March.I am applying for H4 visa.I have few basic

doubts while filling DS 160.Please help answering the below questions.

1.Email Address : It should be my email id right ?? (as I myself is applying for the H4 visa rather than my husband on my behalf.
    >>> Yes.

2.Work Phone No : since I am employed now and would be resigning after visa interview,I should
    mention my work phone no.Is is right?
    >>> Yes.

3.Passport/Travel Document Type : I have selected Regular.Is that correct?(Regular,official,diplomatic,others)

4.In the Travel Information page : There is no question as "Are you the Principal applicant".
    >>> You should answer NO to this question. You are a dependent applicant and your spouse will be the primary applicant.

First question on this page is " Purpose of Travel to US "
    I have selected as

Purpose of Trip to the U.S.: TEMPORARY WORKER (H)
    >>> That is wrong. You are not a temporary woker. You cannot work in H4 status.

Specify: SPOUSE OF AN H (H4) CHILD OF AN H (H4)

Principal Applicant Information

Surnames - My husband's surname
    Given Names -My husband's name

Application Receipt/Petition Number : Husband's Petition No.

Is the above selection correct ??
    >>> Correct.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

I recently filled DS160, the instructions/options given in the link is outdated !

Rythm09,
      Purpose of Trip to the U.S and Specify are correct in your case.

Comment

Thanks Shervin and goomail for your valuable inputs.

Comment

Hi,

I need few more clarifications related to the documents.

I am currently employed and would be resigning after my H4 visa is done.So I have showed myself as employed in DS160 form.As per VFS site below are the docs which are required:

Additional Supporting Documents required at the time of interview

2.If applying for the dependent visa, carry Original Marriage Certificate (for spouse) along with your entire wedding photo album and Original Birth Certificate (for children), along with the principal applicant’s visa copy.
          3.If you are employed, carry a letter from employer detailing your position, salary, how long you have been employed with the company; the period of authorized vacation; and the purpose of your U.S. trip.
          4.It is also helpful to carry evidence of how the trip will be financed along with letters of deputation, invitation or sponsorship.
          5.Also carry evidence of financial resources through bank statements and tax returns for the past 3 years.

Are the above documents mentioned in 3,4,5 required in my case as I am employed but will be resigning just after visa ? Also there is nothing like authorized vacation in my case.

Also since I am taking the inetrview at Mumbai,please clarify which documents are required to be submitted to VFS 3 days ahead of the interview as the list in VFS website and that given in http://www.immihelp.com/india/usa-vi...ubmission.html dont match completely.

1.In VFS website, , "original HDFC receipt (Embassy copy) is not mentioned whereas in Immihelp list its mentioned to submit this in the packet.Kindly clarify whether to include it in the packet or not?

2.In VFS website,its not mentioned to submit principal applicant's I797 and I129 copies whereas immihelp says to include the same for dependant cases.

Please help in answering these doubts.Thanks a lot in advance.

Thanks,
          Rythm

Comment

Rhythm09,

You are looking at the wrong section on VFS web site.

Even for H4 visa, you need to follow the work visa section (H, L etc., which is not meant for just H1, L1 etc, but all H, L etc.) You were looking into 'Others' section.
            Immihelp Support
            No legal advice. Use at your own risk.

Visa and Greencard Tracker

Visitor Medical Insurance for your visiting relatives.

Comment

Originally posted by goomail View Post
              I recently filled DS160, the instructions/options given in the link is outdated !
              Updated.
              Immihelp Support
              No legal advice. Use at your own risk.

Visa and Greencard Tracker

Visitor Medical Insurance for your visiting relatives.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
              X