Working on H1 from India

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Working on H1 from India

[SIZE="3"]Two months back,my visa got ‘refused’ at Hyd Consulate with the reason of ‘not maintaining employee-employer’ relationship and case sent back to USCIS for final decision.I work on E-C Model.My Client allowed me to work from its office in India but would pay me at their consulting rates in India which is obviously very less than the LCA Salary.
    I am sure this would be difficult to explain in case if i need to go to a visa intw if my case is reaffirmed by USCIS.I would like to know if anyone has experienced this situation and how it is dealt.My attorney says its ok until we get a response from USCIS.[/
    SIZE]

When you have left U.S, you are no longer in any valid U.S immigration status. In your case, you are no longer in H1B status and what you do outside U.S is not a concern for USCIS or the consulate. The regulations on LCA applies only when you are in U.S working in H1B or L1 status. When yuo are outside U.S, who you work for and how much you get paid is not an issue and it will not have any impact on your future U.S petitions or visa stamping.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

Originally posted by shervin143 View Post
      When you have left U.S, you are no longer in any valid U.S immigration status. In your case, you are no longer in H1B status and what you do outside U.S is not a concern for USCIS or the consulate. The regulations on LCA applies only when you are in U.S working in H1B or L1 status. When yuo are outside U.S, who you work for and how much you get paid is not an issue and it will not have any impact on your future U.S petitions or visa stamping.
      Thank you for the comments.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X