Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1 extension - Any recent Approval ?

Hello,
    Is there anyone here with a H1B extension, regular processing at VSC with a receipt date of Oct 11th 2011 ? Its almost more than 4 moth, yet not received any update from USCIS nor their website is updated. I s there any way to check the current processing data ?
    Thanks in advance for your any valuable suggestions.

Regards.

If it is more than 90 days past the date of receipt notice, then you can ask the company attorney to take an infopass appointment with USCIS to discuss the progress of your case.
    https://www.immihelp.com/infopass-ap...nt-with-uscis/
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

Thanks dear.
      Will have a word with attorney & let see how it goes. Will post all updates i get.

Comment

At this stage can i apply new H1 extension with new employer ?
        Let me brief you bit. My H1 visa got expired on 12 OCT 2011 & my visa receipt date is 11 OCt 2011 & have not got any update/approval yet. Can i apply for another visa transfer with my new employer ? Is it possible ? Your valuable suggestion will be helpful.

Regards.

Comment

Possible. But not advisable. Since your I-94 already expired, the transfer has to be filed as a bridging petition (Bridge based on the pending extension). So if the current petution gets denied, then the bridge will break and the second petition that is filed as bridge will also get denied. Ifthe second petition gets approved first and then the first petition gets denied, then you have to leave the country and return back on the approved petition. Search and read the posts that discusses bridging in detail.

Originally posted by srp26 View Post
          At this stage can i apply new H1 extension with new employer ?
          Let me brief you bit. My H1 visa got expired on 12 OCT 2011 & my visa receipt date is 11 OCt 2011 & have not got any update/approval yet. Can i apply for another visa transfer with my new employer ? Is it possible ? Your valuable suggestion will be helpful.

Regards.

Comment

You can also upgrade your current extension to premium and get the result within 15 days.

Comment

Exactly Shervin is correct.
              I filed H1 extension on Oct 8th by premium processing. Got RFE within three days(already out of status!) and my employer sent all the documents only in mid Jan. Two weeks ago I received approval notice, Had my employer sent all the document in October itself, I guess I would have received the approval notice in October itself.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
              X