Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1 Visa Cap Exempt or Not?

Hi,

I had H1b Visa filed on OCT 2008 and i was working for Company-A in US until 2010. Due to personnal reason i had to return back to India.

I am looking for an oppurtunity in US but My H1B visa has been expired on Dec 2011. I am looking for a employer who is willing to sponsor My H1.

My new H1B petition will it be H1 Cap Exempt or not?

Yes it will be exempt from cap. But total time spent in the US in H1 or L1 status cannot be greater than 6 years.
    Since you have spent more than 1 year outside, you can also qualify for fresh 6 years. But that petition will have to be filed under cap.
    Both options are perfectly fine.
    This is my opinion and not legal advice.

Comment

H1 Visa Cap Exempt or Not?

Hi,
      Good day!
      I have a similar question, i was in US in May 2006 till April 2010. I was holding my second extension when I came back to India and was having like 18 months left of 6 yrs in the H1B.
      After reading the post I understood that I can apply under cap exempt or under cap.
      Question is if I apply under exempt cap I assume I would be getting only 18 months of left over H1 B right? Let’s assume I take this option
      and work in US till that time, can I apply for new H1 petition after this expires or I have to leave the country for 1 year to reapply fresh petition .
      Any inputs would be appreciated.

Comment

You will have to leave again and spend 1 year outside in that case. The cap is open right now, it is better to apply under cap and wait until Oct 1 if the employer is okay with that.
        This is my opinion and not legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by kabkaba View Post
          You will have to leave again and spend 1 year outside in that case. The cap is open right now, it is better to apply under cap and wait until Oct 1 if the employer is okay with that.
          Hi,
          Is there any timeframe within which I would remain CAP EXEMPT on an expired H1B? My petition was initially valid from Oct-2005 - May-2008. An extension was applied and approved in Sep-2008. Now it has been more than 6 years since my initial petition. If I want to use this H1, would I still be CAP EXEMPT?

Comment

Had H1 visa from 2008-2011. Will I come under cap exempt now

Hi,

Below are my case details, please suggest.

Old petition: Oct 2008 - Sep 2011 (employer A)
            Old visa: Feb 2009 - Sep 2011 (did not travel to US on this petition and it got expired)

New petition: Feb 2014 - Jan 2017 (as said by current employer B who filed it under cap exempt. They are not telling the file number and not giving the petition documents).

1) Can I get a new petition from new employer C
            2) Till what time will I come under cap exempt
            3) From Oct 2008 to Sep 2014 it is 6 years. So if I apply now using my old petiton (2008-2011) documents, will I come under cap exempt. Do I need to apply it before Sep 30 2014 or can I apply at any time to come under cap exempt.

Please suggest.

Thanks,
            Aadhya.

Comment

sxfsdgsdfh

will I come under cap exempt. Do I need to apply it before Sep 30 2014 or can I apply at any time to come under cap exempt.
              Last edited by samlynn; 08-12-2014, 02:36 PM.

Comment

H1B via cap exempt

Hi All,

My H1b petition filed in 2008 and h1b visa got expired in 2011. I have not traveled during the validity of my visa.
                Now I want to travel to US so I want to know if I am eligible of H1B cap exempt ? If yes,Till when im eligible for H1b cap exempt Also, would appreciate if someone can guide me on the best way to find a sponsor.

Please help me in getting one or provide some guidance

Thanks in advance,
                RPR

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                X