L1 Denied & H1 under review - Urgent

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• L1 Denied & H1 under review - Urgent

Today, my L1B extension is denied from Company A. Also I had filed for H1b through other company B in Nov'2011(2011 quota) and it is still under initial review. My L1B I-94 is valid till Feb'2014. Since my H1b still under review, can I stay in US and work on H1b or do I have to leave country

Why did you file the L1 extension when your L1 I-94 is valid until Feb 2014? You can stay and work in L1 status as long as the L1 I-94 remains valid. You cannot work in H1B status until the H1B gets approved with a new I-94.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

thanks for your reply. When I went to India on vacation and came back to US in Feb'11, they gave me I-94 for 3 years (Feb'2014). My L1B visa was valid till Sep'2011 only, hence my company applied for extension.

Comment

There was no need to file the extension in that case. Extension need to be filed only when the I-94 is about to expire.

Originally posted by bala193 View Post
        thanks for your reply. When I went to India on vacation and came back to US in Feb'11, they gave me I-94 for 3 years (Feb'2014). My L1B visa was valid till Sep'2011 only, hence my company applied for extension.

Comment

Can I stay in US without working until my H1b decision comes, even though L1 extension is denied

Comment

You cannot stay in U.S without working and getting paid. You should leave and return back in H1B visa when the petition gets approved.

Originally posted by bala193 View Post
            Can I stay in US without working until my H1b decision comes, even though L1 extension is denied

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X