Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B Visa stamping based on I-140 approval

Folks,

Appreciate some insight into this visa stamping scenario.

I am currently in the US on my 7th year of H1 B .I was granted a 3 year extension past the H1B 6 year limit based on my approved I-140.

I need to visit India in april,2012 and I need to get H1B visa stamping done at the Chennai US Consulate.

Is the I-140 document manadatory for my H1 B stamping, since I got the extension based on the I-140 approval ? My employer is refusing to provide me a copy of the I-140 document. All I have is the receipt number for the I-140 petition.

Sure would like to hear from folks who went for H1B stamping based on I-140 approval. Do the visa officers mandate that you provide them a copy of the I-140 ?

Thanks!

It is advisable to carry a copy of I-140 with you when you attend the visa interview. If the employer cannot provide it to you, then ask them to give youa leter mentioning the same that you can show it to the VO. In case of an RFE, the employer can directly send a copy of it to the consulate. In most cases they will approve the visa based on the petition and they might not even ask for it.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

I am in the same situation as the original poster. My 140 approval is from a previous employer. Would that be a problem at visa stamping if 140 approval is not from the company I hold my H1B currently? Thanks

Comment

No.

Originally posted by gogreen2012 View Post
        I am in the same situation as the original poster. My 140 approval is from a previous employer. Would that be a problem at visa stamping if 140 approval is not from the company I hold my H1B currently? Thanks
        Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X