Going Canada for H1 Stamping

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Going Canada for H1 Stamping

Some of my friends went to Canada and got H1 Stamped from F1 Status. Looks like these days Canada is Safer than India.
    But the Problem is if go to Canada and got struck with a Query and if don't know how many days it will take...then is there any chance of changing your process to India and go to India and wait for result or we should stay in Canada until a decision is made.
    Did any one faces this situation ??

You can take your passport and go to India, but you will have to return to Canada and submit passport to get the Visa if it is approved after administrative processing. Alternatively you can apply again in India, but previous denial (221g pending is also a denial until it gets cleared) will need to be mentioned in the new application.
    This is my opinion and not legal advice.

Comment

Thanks kabkaba for info.

Comment

Originally posted by kabkaba View Post
        You can take your passport and go to India, but you will have to return to Canada .
        Can't we send Passport in Courier to canada from INDIA. Do u need to be physically in Canada for Passport Submission,

Comment

You can take your passport and go to India, but you will have to return to Canada and submit passport to get the Visa if it is approved after administrative processing. Alternatively you can apply again in India, but previous denial (221g pending is also a denial until it gets cleared) will need to be mentioned in the new application.
          Can't the Same case can be transferred to India??

Comment

Passport cannot be sent in mail outside the country. That is illegal.
            And besides, if you send your passport from India to Canada how will you get it back? US consulates in Canada can only send it to an address in Canada.

Comment

Passport cannot be sent in mail outside the country. That is illegal.
              And besides, if you send your passport from India to Canada how will you get it back? US consulates in Canada can only send it to an address in Canada.
              Ok Got it...ThankU....What about transferring Same Petition to India...Is there any way like that??

Comment

No

Comment

Hi,
                  I came to US on J1 in 2005, changed to H1b in 2010. Never been outside of US since 2005. What are my chances of getting the H1b stamped in Canada?.
                  Thanks

Comment

First time H1B stamping should be from your home country unless you have done your masters in U.S.

Originally posted by saxena638 View Post
                    Hi,
                    I came to US on J1 in 2005, changed to H1b in 2010. Never been outside of US since 2005. What are my chances of getting the H1b stamped in Canada?.
                    Thanks
                    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

Thank you.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                      X