Clear All

• RFE on H1-B new - VSC

Hi All,

My visa details:
    Filing Type : Regular H1B
    Receipt Date : Oct 14, 2011
    Filed At : Vermont Service Center

I received RFE on Feb 27, 2012....
    But have no communications yet, from the employer, so no idea about what is the notice for.
    In any case, can anyone suugest as in what is the average time for RFE to get cleared?

Meanwhile, my L2 visa is also being filed (dependant on husband's L1-B), will that afftect the RFE and further processing of H1-B.

Thanks in advance

It can normally take a month or two after your employer responds to the RFE for them to give a decision.

Are you applying for L2 Visa at a US Embassy/Consulate or are applying for extending your L2 status within the US?

L2 Visa application is completely unrelated to the H1 petition. However, you must be in H1 status to work for the H1 employer.

However, if it is L2 extension of status application, and if H1 was filed with change of status from L2 (while you were in the US in L2 status), those two conflict with each other.
    This is my opinion and not legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by kabkaba View Post
      It can normally take a month or two after your employer responds to the RFE for them to give a decision.

Are you applying for L2 Visa at a US Embassy/Consulate or are applying for extending your L2 status within the US?

L2 Visa application is completely unrelated to the H1 petition. However, you must be in H1 status to work for the H1 employer.

However, if it is L2 extension of status application, and if H1 was filed with change of status from L2 (while you were in the US in L2 status), those two conflict with each other.
      Thanks kabkaba, for your response.
      I am applying for L2 Visa at a US Embassy/Consulate, it's not an extension.

Comment

RFE Not received.

Hello Sir,

I have a Question regarding not receiving RFE.

My i-129 Change of Employer petition was filed at California Service Center - Regular Processing and I saw online status being updated to RFE, on 11 April 2012.

But my Attorney has not yet received the copy of RFE.

How much time it takes to arrive the same in mail
        ?

Thanks,
        Ashish.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X