Hi I am currently on H1B visa in NJ. I got married in India recently. Before wedding, I took an appointment on my wife's maiden name at Chennai Consulate for the H4 visa. After marriage, my wife changed her maiden name to the married name in her passport. The passport office extended her original passport and issued an additional booklet with a different passport number(which contained my name as her husband). My wife filled her Form 156 with the married name and went for the interview at Chennai consulate.
We expected that she would get the H4 visa in her married name(as she filled the married name in DS 156) but the consulate issued the visa in her maiden name on her original passport

I am worried now that the immigration authorities at US airport may question her on arrival to USA, as to why she has the visa issued on her maiden name even though she changed her maiden name to married name in the passport

Please let me know if this is an issue. Many people have said it is not and advised her to carry her marriage certificate , just in case.

BUT I want some expert inputs. PLEASE ADVISE as I plan to book air tickets (in her maiden name)

Thanks in advance

Hari