No announcement yet.

H1B re-affirmation notice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

@ bluehat: Mine is under USCIS review but eager to know the success (hoping) rate on reaffirmation.

wish you good luck!

Comment

H1B 221g reaffirmed

Hi folks,
      I'm in same boat. difference is I got 221g in Toronto Canada in Oct, 2011.
      It got reaffirmed by USCIS as of Feb, 2012, Vermont service centre and my petitioner received an email with copy of new 797C. Also I checked my status online it says my case has been forwarded to Dept. of state. DOS for further processing.

I called DOS but they keep saying it is still pending.

Does anyone know why DOS and USCIS are out of sync?

May be bacause my case is not updated in their system yet?

Thanks you,

Comment

Also, when I checked status online it is bit vague.

'we mailed a notice to you reaffirming the approval of this case and returned the case to the Department of State for visa processing. For more information, please contact them directly.'

Does that mean they forwarded my I 797C to DOS/Consulate or Do I expect my petitioner to get it in mail?

I read in this thread that some of you directly contacted consulate or VFS and they asked you to come to Consulate for an interview with approved I 797. Can you guys tell me how long did it take for your petitioner to receive I 797 in mail from USCIS after reaffirmation/re-approval?

In other cases USCIS forwarded approved petition to DOS/Consulate directly.

How do I know what happened to my petition as it has been 3 and half week and my petitioner hasn't received I 797C yet?

Also problem is I don't think there is any VFS in Canada that serves US Visas so I believe I'm at mercy of DOS or US consulate. Can I call VFS in India?

Really appreciate help.
        Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by SHAMBHOO View Post
          Also, when I checked status online it is bit vague.

'we mailed a notice to you reaffirming the approval of this case and returned the case to the Department of State for visa processing. For more information, please contact them directly.'

Does that mean they forwarded my I 797C to DOS/Consulate or Do I expect my petitioner to get it in mail?

I read in this thread that some of you directly contacted consulate or VFS and they asked you to come to Consulate for an interview with approved I 797. Can you guys tell me how long did it take for your petitioner to receive I 797 in mail from USCIS after reaffirmation/re-approval?

In other cases USCIS forwarded approved petition to DOS/Consulate directly.

How do I know what happened to my petition as it has been 3 and half week and my petitioner hasn't received I 797C yet?

Also problem is I don't think there is any VFS in Canada that serves US Visas so I believe I'm at mercy of DOS or US consulate. Can I call VFS in India?

Really appreciate help.
          Thanks
          Hi,

Even I have the same update if I see my case status online.

My employer dnt receive any email, directly got the I-797C to my employer's place.

If VFS is not available in your case then directly call Canada consulate and explain your case.

Thanks.

Comment

Got a reply from mumbai consulate today -

Please follow the instructions below in order to continue processing your pending visa application further. You DO NOT require scheduling another appointment. Please visit the Consulate General any business day at 9.30 am with your pending letter, passport, courier envelope and other documents pertaining to your visa application.

My petition was re affirmed by the USCIS on 23rd feb, It took them more than a month to call for the second interview.

I hope i get through this.

Comment

reaffirmed H1

Hi,
              can anyone help me out with my situation... i just got a mail USCIS stating that my H1 petition got reaffirmed after 221g refusal.
              >I will be issued a new petition for the same right?
              >will the delhi consulate reschedule the interview date or i ll have to raise the request?
              >what is the process their after the reaffirmation?

guys with the same experience or knowledge plz share here.

thanks in advance

Comment

hiii

Hi,

any updates??
                help me out with my situation... i just got a mail stating that my H1 petition got reaffirmed after 221g refusal.
                >will the delhi consulate reschedule the interview date or i ll have to raise the request?

thanks in advance

Originally posted by H1Reaffrimation View Post
                Hi there,

I also received the reaffirmation notice yesterday..but when I call the chennai consulate regarding the same. they are not telling anything.

Can you please tell me which consulate you have contacted.

also, can you please share your phone number.

Thanks!

Comment

hii

any updates???
                  help me out with my situation... i just got a mail stating that my H1 petition got reaffirmed after 221g refusal.

thanks in advance

Originally posted by swapz View Post
                  Hi all. I attended my visa interview in july 2011 where i was provided with 221g green form and was asked to submit documents. Few montha later, i got a rejection notice stating that case is sent to USCIS for further review. In march 2012 my employer in US received a reaffirmation notice from USCIS. I called the chennai consulate and they askd me to walk-in on any t/w/t betn 10 to 12. Is there anyone else with similar experience? Can any1 tell me whts lined up next?

Comment

reaffirmation received from USCIS

Hello guys,

I am in the same boat. I attended my visa interview in July 2012 in Mumbai where i was provided with 221g green form and was asked to submit documents. Few months later, i got a rejection notice stating that case is sent to USCIS for further review. And now, below is what i see my case status online as of May 11 2013

"On May 11, 2013, we mailed a notice to you reaffirming the approval of this case and returned the case to the Department of State for visa processing. For more information, please contact them directly."

what do i do next? my employer has not received any doc/letter from the consulate yet ?

whom should i contact ? Will my employer or 1 receive any doc/letter from the USCIS?

Is there anyone else with similar experience? Can any1 tell me whats lined up next?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                    X