Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Regarding H1B and H4 Visa... need help Please..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Regarding H1B and H4 Visa... need help Please..

Hi,

I am going to apply for H1b visa in April 2012. My wife is in India. Right now I am on OPT (experition: July 2012).
    1. When is the latest I can apply for H4, after fiiling the petition for my H1 ? I am ready to pay for premium processing fees for H1.
    2. After getting approval (I797A) for H1 from USCIS, my H1 start date will be October 1, 2012.
    Is it possible to prepond my H1 start date before October 1, 2012 ? what do I need to do to prepond the date?

Please advise...

I am going to apply for H1b visa in April 2012. My wife is in India. Right now I am on OPT (experition: July 2012).

1. When is the latest I can apply for H4, after fiiling the petition for my H1 ? I am ready to pay for premium processing fees for H1.
    >>> You cannot file H4 petition for a person who is outside U.S. Once your H1B petition gets approved, your wife will have to get the H4 visa stamped based on your H1B approval notice at a U.S consulate and travel to U.S. She cannot travel in H4 visa until Oct 1st.

2. After getting approval (I797A) for H1 from USCIS, my H1 start date will be October 1, 2012.
    Is it possible to prepond my H1 start date before October 1, 2012 ?
    >>> No.

what do I need to do to prepond the date?
    >>> You cannot.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X