H1B (2nd stamping) mumbai 221g yellow plzz help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B (2nd stamping) mumbai 221g yellow plzz help

I had my h1b visa interview today in Mumbai and got a 221g yellow. The VO didnt tell me to submit any docs and told me to check the vfs website for my CEAC barcode

Couple of quick questions

1. How much time does it take for the CEAC barcode to appear on the website ?
    2. Once I see the barcode and submit my passport how muh time does it take to get the visa
    3. I have booked my return ticket on march 25 . Should i inform my company about the 221g ? Is it possible to get the visa before march 25th ?

Thanks in advance for your help

Thanks
    Rakesh

It is completely unpredictable as to how much time it will take for processing. It can be anywhere between a few weeks to a few months.
    This is my opinion and not legal advice.

Comment

rakashaka,

Are u full time employee or EVC or EV model?

Comment

Originally posted by hell333 View Post
        rakashaka,

Are u full time employee or EVC or EV model?
        I am a full time employee with an Accounting firm in New York. Does it make a difference ?

Thanks

Comment

HI
          i entered my passport number in the tracking website (https://www.vfs-usa.co.in/ApplnForms...rPassport.aspx) and got the following message

"Your Passport is under process at U.S Embassy/Consulate."

My CEAC barcode hasnt appeared on the vfs site.and I havent submitted my passport to vfs.

Has anyone received a similar message ? Let me know . thanks

Comment

hi

good news .. my CEAC barcode appeared on the VFS site today .. will be submitting passport to the consulate first thing tommorrow morning ..

I have my return flight early sunday morning .. hopefully I'll get the passport within 2 business days

Comment

Hi,
              When I entered my passport number in the tracking website (https://www.vfs-usa.co.in/ApplnForms...rPassport.aspx) and got the following message

Is there any other way to check CEAC bar code? pls let me know. Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by JSRTVU View Post
                Hi,
                When I entered my passport number in the tracking website (https://www.vfs-usa.co.in/ApplnForms...rPassport.aspx) and got the following message

Is there any other way to check CEAC bar code? pls let me know. Thanks
                for mumbai consulate .. http://mumbai.usconsulate.gov/case-status.html

Comment

Thank you..mine is 221g green, so i can't check status online.

Comment

Hi rakashaka,

Can you please tell if you got the visa stamped in your passport.

I am in kind of similar situation as yours.
                    Visa type: L1B individual
                    Interview Date: 20 March 2012 with yellow 221 (g), no documents asked.
                    CEAC barcode appeared on consulate website: 27 March
                    Submission of passport: Tommorow (28 March 2012).

I hope that i get visa stamped.
                    Can you let me know if you got visa stamped in your passport and if yes how many days it took?

Thanks so much!

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                    X