Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DS 160 question on other relatives

Hello,

I am filling my DS-160 for my H1 visa stamping.

In the family section there is a question that says,

"Do you have any other relatives in the United States ?"

my questions are,
    (1) I have my cousin who is in US. Should I select Yes for this ?

(2) I assumed I should select Yes for this. But, when I select "Yes", it doesn't bring other fields corresponding to this question. Is this correct ? I tried in multiple browsers ( IE, Firefox ) and multiple computers but still don't see any additional fields.
    I read on this forum that, a guy had selected "Yes", and for him there were no additional fields. His Visa got rejected saying incomplete application due to this field.

So, I want to make sure what I am seeing is actually correct. Does DS-160 not bring up additional fields when we say "Yes" to other relatives question.

Please do let me know about this. Thanks in advance.

Regards,
    Abhiram

Talk to VFS helpdesk. They keep making changes to the application often and sometimes there are issues.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

DS 160 question on other relatives

Thanks Shervin. I have posted the question to VFS helpdesk and am going to call them.

In the meanwhile, just want to make sure if I am correct in saying "Yes" to this question since I have my cousin in US ?

Thanks once again.

Regards,
      Abhiram

Comment

Yes.

Originally posted by abhirambs View Post
        In the meanwhile, just want to make sure if I am correct in saying "Yes" to this question since I have my cousin in US ?
        Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

DS 160 question on other relatives

Just to update so that if anyone is facing the same issue, they could use this info.

I called up VFS helpdesk, but didn't get a satisfactory answer. They came back saying " Please fill out the online application to the best of your knowledge".

However, after talking to the attorneys that actually filed my petition, they said, you can aswer the question as "Yes", and it doesn't bring up any other info. This is because they are not concerned about any other relative who can actually file an Immigrant visa for you, so that information is not needed.

Hope this would be of use for someone going forward.

Comment

Hi Abhirambs

Thanks so much for sharing this. But do you remember the post where you saw the "incomplete application due to the other relatives field not popping up any additional columns"?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X