Question about H1 extension for 7th yr

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about H1 extension for 7th yr

Hi, My H1 expires in June 2012..my employer applied for labor in Sept 2011 and still pending...I was worried about 365 days rule initially but he talked me and said that he checked with lawyer and that it is no longer mandatory for labor to be pending for 1yr or more to get a 7th yr extension..

basically he said no need for labor to pending for 365 days and that he is applying for 7th yr extension now...is that true?

Hi, My H1 expires in June 2012..my employer applied for labor in Sept 2011 and still pending...I was worried about 365 days rule initially but he talked me and said that he checked with lawyer and that it is no longer mandatory for labor to be pending for 1yr or more to get a 7th yr extension..

basically he said no need for labor to pending for 365 days and that he is applying for 7th yr extension now...is that true?
    >>> He is just playing you. There is no such rule change. In order to be eligible H1B extension beyond the 6th year, your PERM should have been filed 365 days prior to the end of the 6th year or both PERM and I-140 should get approved before the end of the 6th year.
    https://www.immihelp.com/h1-visa-ext...-years-in-usa/
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X