Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Certificates required for H1b new petition

Hi

I am applying for H1B new visa in April, I have completed B.tech from JNTU hyderabad in 2006. Can you please let me know if B.tech convocation is required or each semester mark sheets along with the Final mark sheet and provisional certificate would do.

Thanks in advance.

Madhu

Originally posted by madhukolla View Post
    Hi

I am applying for H1B new visa in April, I have completed B.tech from JNTU hyderabad in 2006. Can you please let me know if B.tech convocation is required or each semester mark sheets along with the Final mark sheet and provisional certificate would do.

Thanks in advance.

Madhu

Can someone please reply, I have to submit the documents by 25th to my company I am in great dilemma

Comment

A final degree certificate would normally be necessary. Most employers also add an education evaluation. Ask your employer or their lawyer on how they plan to proceed.
      This is my opinion and not legal advice.

Comment

it is good to provide ur original degree with all ur semester marksheets

most people do this

Comment

For H1B you need a credential evaluation report which states the US Equivalency of your foreign degree. I guess your four year mark sheets should be just fine. The mark sheets certify 4 years of study towards your B.Tech which is sufficient. In case you still want to cross-check get in touch with a foreign credential evaluation agency, they offer a free consultation and can help you better with education equivalency as per US standards as well as documents required.

I Hope this helps

Comment

about credential evaluation

I want to know whether my employer files educational evaluation certificate while filing H1B for me or sends my degree memos.
            Because if they send memos, they will do background verification before accepting H1B.
            So what is the need for me to carry educational documents to the interview -????

Comment

Filing petition is with USCIS and applying visa is with U.S consulate. They are two different entities. Your employer would have sent only the duplicate copies of your transcripts to USCIS. Consulate if need will have to check your originals before they can issue you the visa.

Originally posted by phani2kumar View Post
              I want to know whether my employer files educational evaluation certificate while filing H1B for me or sends my degree memos.
              Because if they send memos, they will do background verification before accepting H1B.
              So what is the need for me to carry educational documents to the interview -????
              Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
              X